Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday 3/9/2012

I was running on OT today and wanting to go home, frankly.  But, 3 more deliveries that had to be done - leaving the yard at around 1:20 pm.
I found a gorgeous, beautiful Catahoula on the internet.  Problem?  Dog is in Kingman, 180 miles away and this particular adoption agency won't adopt a pet to you without a home visitation first.  Nixed that one off the list, they aren't going to drive 180 mile, one-way, to visit my house, lol. I just wrote them an email describing the situation.

Meanwhile, I have been looking to rent a pickup truck with a fifth wheel plate to haul that trailer up to the mountains myself.  Penske will not rent a semi tractor to an individual, only business.  I could haul it up there with the tractor at work, but I am not even going to ask about it - I have used company truck in the past with permission to haul things here locally for personal use, but never anything outside of town.  If something were to happen, whoever gave the permission would probably have some serious yuck on their hands from corporate.

I am giving up on that search as all roads have led to a dead end.  I was referred to a local company that rents a pickup with a fifth wheel - only to find out that they stopped for whatever reason.  I may run an ad on Craigslist, but the last time I did that people were asking for $300 plus to haul the thing 28 miles.  I wonder how much they think hauling it 125 miles is worth? LOL!!!

The man that I was going to use is continuing to raise his prices, so I am looking for a backup or two in case he starts going off the deep end.  In the end?  I will pay whatever I have to, if I have the money, lol, to get that thing up there.
Still some work left to be done with it, though.

Umm, getting late - by my standards anyway.

No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...