Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday 3/1/2012

I am, allegedly, getting tomorrow off.  I had asked for a day off because my vacation hours accrue to a maximum of 80 and after that, you don't get anymore until you use some of them up.  Well, I am approaching 80 hours and I didn't want to lose any of it.

Turns out, it is coming at just the right time.  I wish I didn't have to work today, I would just sit around here and give that dog some liquid food throughout the day whether she wants it or not.  We're only at Thursday, but I am completely drained.  Between the huge orders at work that I have been cranking out - pulling, palletizing, shrink-wrapping, loading on the truck, etc etc etc and this situation with the dog plus getting some kind of coughing situation - which amazing already seems to be subsiding - I am out of it.  It will take everything in me to get through this day of work and get home and then - have to deal with this dog.

As for work, 2 of us cranked out over $200k worth of deliveries in 2 days time.  That's a lot of material for a 2 man crew without any more help than - no other help, actually.  We didn't catch a break in maybe a salesman helping or whatever, it was all on us.  Sometimes a salesman will help us do smaller deliveries while I concentrate on the semi-load worth of stuff.  Sometimes they will send over a person from the main branch to help out even if for only half a day.  Well, they did send someone over yesterday but that was too late, we had already done all the work, he did a bunch of clean-up- which is nice, but all of this is taking it's toll on me.

The dog has stopped the constant dribbling of blood altogether at this point.  So, the antibiotics are at least working in that department, which is great, but she still won't eat a bite of food.  It doesn't really add up that I can force food down her throat - and she doesn't reject it/vomit it up.  That would suggest to me that she could eat if she wanted to.  Has she given up?  Does she not want to live? Is there something else going on?  I have no answers for any of that, the only thing I can say is that I do not have any more money for vet visits and whatever happens, happens.

My mother called me yesterday after I had sent her an email letting her know what's going on with Coco - but I had sent that email before the situation had deteriorated substantially.  When I told her what was going on, she about started crying on the phone - she is also a big-time dog lover.

Well, get on my "happy-face" and go to work in a few minutes.  At least today I didn't have to go in early - 3 days in a row I had to show up extra early because of all of this stuff going on.  There are deliveries for today - which haven't been pulled yet meaning out there in the dark and cold attempting to get something done that I am, quite admittedly, dragging my feet on - but it will get done and that will be the end of it.

Later.

2 comments:

Lowandslow said...

Take some time off an rest. Coco needs you to help pull her through.

S

BenB said...

Yes, indeed she does and now I am home to help make that happen.

 Monday - late afternoon It is finished.  I added other sources of income I had forgotten about and done with it.  It has been sent, they ar...