Saturday, May 12, 2012

Dry Run

I've worked a long time for this, it was time to do a dry run, figure out what's going to work and what needs improvement, an adjustment or a whole new approach.

What am I referring to?

The trailer, of course.

First off was getting the satellite tv up and running.  I had no idea I was going to have to spend quality time with Direct TV this afternoon, but I should have known.  I have a DTV card that hasn't been used in a while - though I have been paying for it.  I knew in the back of my mind to get it working again I would have to contact   DTV, but today the issue was forced.

I am not going to go into all of that, but I will throw in here 2 things. 1: a call to headquarters will be enacted Monday.  2: I actually got a pretty cool chick on the other end of the line - after talking to 6 other people.  I didn't get her once, either, I had to call more than once, of course.  She remembered me and I immediately recognized her voice.

The card is out of "sleep" mode and is working.   I am sitting in the living room of my trailer, laptop in - lap - and my flat screen TV I bought on Black Friday last year is functioning with Direct TV playing.  I am positive I will get Direct TV working up there, I am not so sure about the internet.  I am running off my house WiFi, not the hotspot device from Verizon.

Yes, all 3 dogs are in the house.  Prince and Sophie on the folded down couch and Duke - on the floor.  That's Duke's preferred place anywhere so no problems.

I am glad I did this today. First off, I would NOT want to be dealing with Direct TV up there - though I would if I had to. 2, The way I want to sit on this couch with it folded down to accommodate dogs?  I am going to need a giant pillow to make it comfortable.

Today's doings?
1:  Went to a yard sale and scored a bunch of stuff for the kitchen in the trailer, plus a mattress for Duke (for my bedroom, not the trailer).

2.  Finished the carpeting.

3.  Filled the fresh water holding tank up and turned on the pump. Water came out of all facets - but there is a connector for a hose on the side of the trailer and it was also pumping out of there. Apparently, you have to plug that thing up to make it work well.

4. Many finishing touches with more to go. A strip for where the carpet meets the linoleum - yes I also went to Home Depot; Autozone; and several other places as well.

Umm, the Direct TV situation and trying to get it work actually took up several hours.  In the past 2 days, I have got quite a lot accomplished on the thing, but there is still more to go.

So, that's it.  Oh, I got all the lights working on the inside of the trailer excepting the one over the bathroom sink. The connectors are broken on it and need replaced. No priority right now as I have over-spent on this thing and that can wait, I have another ceiling light in the bathroom that I fixed today and is working perfectly so no problem there.

I have not figured out what the problem is with the brake and running lights on the outside of the trailer yet.  Well, I will continue to search that one out for the next few days and see what I can do with it.

Going to spend several hours in here chilling.  Figure out what needs to be figured out. Large dogs in a smaller space is obviously a bit of a - problem - but we are getting it. Sophie moved out of the way of Prince and is at the other end of the couch. Duke looks very uncomfortable but only because he hasn't laid all the way down yet, I will help him with that in a moment - he tends to need that kind of help to understand what he can do in any given situation.

2 days spent on this thing, 2 days well spent.

Whatever the case this coming Saturday, it is what it is and it's going.

ben


No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...