Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's become at least fairly obvious to me that that heron has been back.
Those fish in that particular pond are not coming out of hiding, only the smaller fish are showing up. I see the bigger ones lurking under the giant plant, but they are definitely not even coming out for feeding.
I do have a few more things I am going to try.  Well, actually, I am going to cover the pond up with nursery-grade screen and unless that bird can go through heavy duty material - which I am guessing it cannot - that will put an end to that.

The only question that would leave, however, is will it then find the other pond only 15 feet away?  No telling, but I have to do something.

Meanwhile, the cat crap piling up in my neighbor's yard behind me was enough.  There must be a hundred pounds of it laying out there.  I called the Humane Society - they have their own fleet of personnel that goes and checks on animal abuse cases.

I had Direct TV come out yesterday and figure out why that receiver I bought isn't working. I actually had guessed it right, I just didn't know how to change the setting and that was the problem.  It was on the wrong satellite setting and that was all that was needed to get it working.  The lady on the phone I had called to try and get it figured out?  Useless.  Not only that, she claimed, after I asked, that if she connected me to anyone else - I asked if there was a "second tier" or next level of trouble shooter I could talk to  cause' I KNEW this could be figured out over the phone - wouldn't be able to tell me anything else.

This will be my defense when they - probably - try to bill me for the service call.  Sorry, Charlie, but your agent told me there was "nothing else" that could be done over the phone, which obviously, a person that knows what they are doing could have figured it out.  I will NOT be paying a service fee, period.  That may take some fighting if it comes to that.  Regardless, I now have a unit that I can use up in the mountains.

Which is nice.

Nothing much else, at least not going into here.  I am back to considering taking a course or 2 at the local community college - providing I can somehow come up with the money so it may have to wait until after summer and high electric bills become a thing of the past, but there are courses I was reading about that they offer that sound very interesting.  Indeed.
I'm not really talking about anything that would educate me to start a new career - though I have also considered that, the cost is far too high.  I am not going to be holden to student loans - more like a slave to them - for the rest of my life.  Just not worth it.

Well, gotta get offa here, just a short entry.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...