Thursday, July 5, 2012

Apparently the Verizon Wireless supervisor I tried to speak to, who wouldn't listen to a thing I had to say, interrupted me numerous times as well as talking right over the top of me and then hanging up on me - thought that nothing would come of it.

The issue was the first mobile broadband device I had returned. They had informed me that they hadn't received it yet and my bill was going to stay the same - almost $300 because they tacked onto the bill the full amount for that device plus taxes.

I informed the first lady I was speaking with that I had no intention of paying that inflated bill...........who cut me off.  I stopped talking, listened to her rhetoric and then asked for a supervisor.  She refused.  I simply sat on the line waiting for her manager, who finally agreed to put her supervisor on the line.  She also dished up the same regurgitated substance as the first person, excepting this person was extremely rude and almost arrogant. She informed me that after they do receive it, it will take up to 30 days to "process it" and have the amount removed from my bill.  Unacceptable, was my firm response, if you think I am going to shell out $300 for this service that doesn't work half the time anyway, you are out of your mind.

That is when she went into a litany of everything that must have either been written on her computer screen in front of her, or more likely memorized since she has probably spewed it out to countless individuals.  When I tried to get a word in edgewise, like in a pause in her speech, she would simply talk right over the top of me. When she finally did stop talking, I started asking about making a partial payment - the regular monthly payment, which is when she interrupted me again, told me how things were going to be and then hung up on me.

Big no-no in my book.  I will go to great extremes to have that conversation reviewed by the appropriate individuals. I do not know if Verizon records all of their calls or not, but if they do, that woman is going to have some answering to do.  That's because I found the Verizon Wireless corporate headquarters phone number.  It sends you directly to a voice messaging system - but I kept calling and calling and finally, someone actually answered the phone.  That individual transferred me to their executive offices and the gentleman that I was talking with certainly had the air  and demeanor of higher level management.  When I told him the story, he was appalled, asked for my contact information and told me that someone would be contacting me either later on today or tomorrow at the latest.

I'm not looking for freebies out of this, just that that lady's rude, unbelievable attitude towards her company's customers was too much.  I never said anything to that woman to justify the treatment she gave me and I assume this is her standard, modus-operandi in dealing with customers.

I have since been looking at other wireless broadband plans. I have doubts that any of them work any better, but perhaps one of them at least has some semblance of customer service.

The device itself is a piece of junk.  It will show you have 4G access but no internet access.  Or, you will have internet access and then suddenly it drops out, even though you are sitting stationary, not moving.  It won't show, however, that it has dropped out, instead, the internet stops working. Then, you have to disconnect the connection manually and also shut the device off and restart it.  This is a continual process.  Sometimes I will get 5 or 10 minutes of uninterrupted service, mostly I don't.   The device does not show you how much of a charge it has left in the battery, either.  It's more work than it's worth to use the thing and they really need to come up with a better working device with more options on it.  The only thing it has on it is an on and off button and lights to show whether you are on 3G or 4G network, there is nothing else and you cannot manually switch over to 3G if you wanted to make sure you had uninterrupted access.

The laptop computer becomes a bit useless without internet access. I have my own wifi at home and I sometimes use the laptop in my bedroom, but usually I am sitting at my desktop in the kitchen since it's a far better machine and is directly connected to wired internet access.  At least one company allegedly offers unlimited data, I forget which one but I can find it again, I think the price was the same or near the same as Verizon.

Although, I do wonder if I just get a plug-in for my laptop instead of this router device if that might make a difference. Who knows.

Today?  Not sure yet.  Was thinking of going up to the mountains, but I am feeling particularly unmotivated to do much of anything, much less driving the 109 miles to get there.  Not that that's a long drive, but, I just don't much feel like driving right now.  I have time today to change my mind, it's only 10:00 am.  I guess I'll have to decide by no later than 2:00pm, that gives me time to get up there, get situated and settle the dogs down.

ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...