Thursday, July 12, 2012

The City of Phoenix Neighborhood Services Division; Planning and Zoning; Waste

The City of Phoenix.  A circus unto itself.  If they tell you they are going to do something, I give it, at this point, about an 80% chance that what they say they are going to do? Will NEVER happen.

Case in point (and I have several of recent versions, not to mention instances from the past) is my discussion with a "manager" in the Zoning division last week.  We had a long conversation about the property in question.  Namely, the 2 structures built on the property that could never pass a city inspector's inspection and the extension cord they are using to provide those structures power from the next property over.

The conclusion of the discussion is that she was going to send someone out to inspect the property and that she would call me back after that inspection was done.

Of course, neither ever occurred, as I just got off the phone with a person at the City that states there is nothing in their system about it and that he knew nothing about it - which this particular individual is in the position to have received this information from this lady that I spoke with since that is his venue.

I got shuffled around for quite a while before I finally got to this guy, btw.  I am not letting up on this, whatever can be done about the property legally, that's what I am intent on getting done.  It's a hoarder's dream and a normal, neighboring property owner's nightmare.  So, this is the determination: if those structures are under 200 feet, there is nothing they can do about it.  Okay.  I dunno how many square feet they are, but I doubt they are 200 square feet.

HOWEVER.  The extension cord running power from their other property to that one?  Illegal.  I know for a FACT there is no power ON that property.  SRP was going to turn the power on until they saw the pedestal and declared that that pedestal would have to be replaced before they turn the power on.  I know this because SRP has to come into my back yard to do such.  SRP told me this.  The pedestal was never replaced, hence, the power never turned on. Yet, there is a stereo blaring loudly over there - well it isn't any more after I called police - and there are lights running over there at night.

The end of the story is that he is going to have someone come over next week and make an initial inspection.  I am going to have to look through my notes and find this woman's name and phone number that I talked with last week and ask what, exactly, happened to her promise of sending someone out there.

Never-ending battle.  But, as one lady I was speaking with today noted, the City of Phoenix has some great employees that do their jobs well and then there are the idiots - her words - that are incompetent and have no business even working there.  Selah.




No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...