Monday, July 23, 2012

I don't own one and I probably never will, but the logic escapes me as to how, exactly, a ban on certain types of weapons would have stopped the incident at the movie theater from occurring?  He would have found some other way to execute his plan - but regardless of whether they are legal or illegal, you can get any kind of gun you want on the black market.  Would it have made any difference, whatsoever, if he had obtained the weapons legally or illegally?  The ending would have been the same: a lot of people dead and wounded.

Well, Monday's here and I am definitely not feeling like doing much of anything.  Crank myself into gear in a few minutes, get in the car and drive to work.  Weekends never last long enough.  But, my manager is coming back from almost 2 weeks off, that's always a wonderful thing to have to face, lol.

Conversation with my mother about Sheriff Joe Arpaio yesterday?  She apparently is a big fan and couldn't understand why I won't be voting for him.  I gave her my explanation which apparently didn't work with her. Which is okay, I don't need my mother's approval to vote for someone else.  I then brought up the fact that the man is in his 80's and isn't going to be around forever, anyway.  That also didn't work with her so, oh well, throw my hands up in the air and - still not vote for him.  Don't know yet who I will vote for, but apparently Sheriff Joe has a huge amount of money already in the bank for his re-election bid.

As with Obama, the Sheriff of Maricopa County can spend as much money as he likes on his campaign and it won't change my mind one iota.  I guess all the money spent must be for those that haven't made up their minds.  So, with Obama/Romney, what percentage of people, I wonder, have not decided?  That's really the only people all that money being spent is directed to.

Well whatever, time to depart hence for thither yonder lands.

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...