Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Well, what a pleasant diversion it was to go to the pastor's house for their 4th BBQ.  A nice amount of people showed up, I sat down at a table in the middle of the yard.  We were all in complete awe at the temperature - the middle of the afternoon in July and it was in the high 70's.

I was fortunate enough to sit and chat with some very amiable ladies, one of which we must have chatted for at least 3 hours.  Gotta love that.  I got there after they had already cooked the hamburgers, so I put the steaks in the refrigerator and told the Pastor he could have them later on or tomorrow or whenever.  It was truly amazing to be sitting out in the middle of a lawn in Phoenix, in July, and not burning up.  There was a cool breeze, the sky was completely overcast and wow!  Just unbelievable, really.

Tomorrow, of course, the temp goes back up to 101, then the rest of the week well into the 100's.  It was a reprieve from the heat today that likely won't see again for at least a couple of months - but one never knows what's going to happen in the monsoon season.  It IS possible this kind of weather could occur again, but what a perfect day to have such!  On a Holiday day, the event was already planned, we weren't all stuck inside the house because of what normally would have broiling high temps.

Yes, I could go on and on about it, point made.

Well, when I was leaving, the pastor asked me when I was coming back to eat the steaks with them?  No, man, you can just have them, eat them at your pleasure.  No, he insisted, please come back and help us eat them, when are you available this week? Ummm, well, whenever you want, I guess, though I am seriously considering heading up to the mountains again tomorrow.  Not sure yet.  I will make that decision tomorrow at my leisure, I am on vacation and not feeling pushed to do anything.

In fact, I was feeling particularly non-motivated to do anything but sit around and chat.  I only left because I was starting to get sleepy, just one of those days.  It was raining on and off while I was sitting out there, I thought nothing of getting a bit wet to be honest.

Nothing more to see here : )

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...