Sunday, September 2, 2012

So, Sunday almost gone.
I bought 2 racks of pork ribs at the grocery store - on sale greatly reduced price - and slow cooked them for 3 hours on the grill this afternoon.
Yummy.

Church this morning?  You bet.  I was a little surprised to hear the pastor using a conversation that I had had with him earlier this week incorporated into his sermon.   Not opposed to it and he didn't point me out, just used the "speaking with a brother on the phone" statement.  But the conversation  he was mentioning was unmistakable.

Well anyway.  Just riding out a nice, 3 day weekend and looking forward to some new things in my life.

Talk about that another time.  Bedtime for me.

ben

2 comments:

Pastor Larry said...

That was something I always tried to avoid. Too many people know too much about everyone else in church.

BenB said...

Well, it was a personal, private conversation that I have not had with anyone else at the church and probably won't have. It was used in such a way as to illustrate the need for spending personal time with the Lord on a daily basis. I had no problem with it, really and this pastor usually steers clear of such things so it's not like he does it every Sunday morning - actually I think I have only heard him do it one other time the 14 months I have gone there and that time he also did not point out the individual.

 Thursday morning It’s almost 9:00 am and they are just starting on finding parts after calling them to see where they’re at with this. They...