Tuesday, October 16, 2012

So here it is, the second Presidential debate is today.  Both candidates holed up, though the Obama campaign seems happy to churn out to the press the sticking points they are going to bring up with Romney, while Romney is pretty much keeping quiet (I would think a better strategy, don't tip your hand).  I would expect Obama to put out a better performance this time, but in reality, I hope he doesn't, lol.

After finding out yesterday that our branch is not going to be open on the day after Thanksgiving, I wrote my dad and told him both Caleb and I would be down for Thanksgiving.  He wrote back with elated tones and basically informed me he would be paying for our hotel room while we are down there.  I won't refuse the offer.  My finances are slowly starting to improve now that summer is - almost - over (still getting up into the mid 90's here!) and high electric usage and high water usage will be reduced substantially, thus lowering my expenses quite a lot.

I'm trying my best to stay out of the way of ADOT/Highway Patrol as well.  If I can make it to the end of the year without any warnings or tickets, I get 2 week's worth of pay for getting the Safe Driver Award.  Look, I just try to avoid their hot spots.  Places where they are sitting on the side of the highway and waiting to pull over trucks and do inspections.  I drove by several of them on I-10 the other day, holding my breath.  None of them had anyone pulled over and they were looking.  I also had one on the opposing side of the freeway yesterday who was using his radar gun to try and catch speeders on my side of the freeway!  The problem with that?  There is a cement divider there.  I don't know who he thought he got - there was a whole slew of us together - but he got on his motorcycle and he was GONE to the next exit, presumable to turn around and come back.

I was taking no chances, I got off at the next exit that takes to a different freeway.  It's not just the safe driver award, it's all the crap that goes into getting even a warning nowadays.  But I don't have time to go into all of that.

Anyway, time to be off to work.

ben

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...