Sunday, October 21, 2012

We may be in Sierra Vista on Black Friday, but they DO have a Walmart down there!  I don't really "need" anything, but I want a much larger TV for that trailer up north.  I saw a 32" flat screen on sale today for $232.  Good price, but if that's a sign of what is to come, then I fully expect Black Friday to be an awesome opportunity to get the TV I want for that thing.  I was thinking about that because I didn't want to miss out if there really IS a good deal to be had. Some consumer sites have already stated that electronics and specifically TV's are going to be the big time buys at any given Black Friday sale.  Too bad Black Friday sales now seem to start at Midnight.

Prince, my black Great Dane, was brought up in church today during the sermon, lol.  I took Prince specifically as a conversation starter, and that is something he does very well without even trying, heck, without even knowing about it. The pastor was talking about using "lures" of whatever to get opportunities to talk to people and that's where Prince was invoked.

My oldest brother winterized my mother's trailer this week.  So, she is done for the season. She won't be back up there until some time late May.  I will be going up here and there as time permits, even without running water.  I already have several cases of bottled water up there - though I guess that stuff will freeze in a very cold trailer, I will have to bring up water on each trip.

Next Saturday brings a Halloween event at the same park we were at yesterday.  The city of Tempe organizes it, apparently, and are allowing our church to set up - several -booths.  4 hour event. They are asking for as much help as possible.  I am hoping for Friday off as I have asked so that I can go up on Thursday and stay through Saturday morning. The event doesn't start until 5:00 pm.

Well, I will just take things as it happens.  If I get back in time, I will go and help out, if not, oh well.  But, I have desired to get more involved with church and these opportunities are coming at a rapid pace now.

That's it.  I came home from church, going a very long way about it going to the shop to get my phone that I had forgotten and left there and to Fry's to get fixin's for spaghetti.  When I got home, I realized I had forgotten to buy the meatballs!  What is spaghetti without meatballs?  Still good, actually, but I didn't want to go to all the trouble and not have it the way I wanted it for a Sunday dinner.

G'day.

ben


No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...