Monday, October 22, 2012

While walking around my property today, inspecting my trees and plants (I do that regularly, like almost daily), I noticed a large number of Chinese Elms saplings growing in places where the nearest Chinese Elm is at least 50 feet away.  I noticed another one of my plants also growing next to it. Next to that, a desert tree that I forget the name of but is not growing anywhere on my property. These are "good" plants, not weeds and I pointed them out to Mark in case he might be inclined to remove them.

No, let them grow.  See if they flourish. If they get big enough, I will attempt to transplant them. If not, then Nature has taken it's course.  I will blame this phenomenon on birds eating seeds off of a tree and "transplanting" those seeds elsewhere through a natural process known as defecation, lol.

Sophie's hind leg is getting better - much better.  She is still limping but getting around much easier now.  Sigh of relief. I was "informed" by someone yesterday that it is probably hip dysplacia.  I had to inform this person that the dog had had an accident, had somehow twisted her entire hind end and it has nothing to do with an ailment that  pretty much reserved for much larger dogs.  Yes, it can and does occur in smaller dogs, but it doesn't just come out of the blue and cripple a dog in a matter of 60 seconds.  You would not expect that a dog that has normal hip function suddenly, out of the blue, is crippled and cannot walk and has to be carried back into the house, especially a dog that is only 2-1/2 years old.

Well enough of that.  The final, Presidential Debate en-queue in a couple of hours from now.  I will, of course, watch the entire thing.  I didn't much care for the Ryan/Biden debate, but the 2 Presidential debates thus far have been entertaining and I expect that the vitriolic mix of attitude, interruption and to some extent, lack of civility will occur to a greater degree than what we have seen thus far.  As far as I'm concerned and have stated long before these debates occurred, these debates are going to determine who is going to be our next President.  

I'm still, actually, waiting to hear confirmation of my day off this Friday.  I NEED that day off. I don't just want it at this point.  I want to get the trailer ready for winter and I want to be able to come home in time to participate in the outreach that will take place starting at 5:00 pm on Saturday.  If I don't get Friday off, then winterizing my trailer will have to take precedence. Well, I guess I don't have to have it off, since the participation in Saturday's event isn't something I really have to do, but I would like to.  




No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...