Posts

Showing posts from October 25, 2012
I was not feeling like driving up to the mountain property after work today - at all.  Tired, I have not slept well this week and it's wearing on me.  I decided after getting off of work - at the normal time BTW, leaving plenty of time to go up there - to go through the "process" in case I decided to go.  The would be stopping at Walmart and getting a space heater (going to be in the mid 40's up there tonight); get disposable dishware and silverware; frozen food (I will figure this out as I go, but the fresh water holding tank is empty and I have no plans of refilling it since I am going to winterize the thing) and other things.

Having done that, I stopped at the gas station and put enough fuel in to get up there and back to Payson, I was hoping perhaps the price of fuel might be cheaper up there as it sometimes is.  I get home, sit down at the computer and basically felt like I was in collapse mode.  Still plodding along, do limited watering, feed the fish, get ever…
Question:  Will I get off of work early enough to be able to make the trip up north?
Answer:  I'll find out in about 9-1/2 hours from now.

I don't really have any choice.  I could put it off for another week - maybe - and hope the temps don't dip down below 32 up there - which they probably won't at least according to the forecasts - but I would really like to get it done and not have to worry about.  It being winterizing the trailer up there, that is.

According to forecasts, I don't have to worry about freezing temps until midway through next month and not have to worry about hard freezing temps until apparently in to December.  I'm going to keep track of this this year - perhaps winterizing the trailer doesn't really need to take place until sometime in November which gives me more time to go up and enjoy the trailer with running water (versus not).

Whatever the case, in terms of work, it is my Friday and I will have 3 days off : )