Monday, February 11, 2013

It dawned on me this morning that it has been quite a while since the City of Chandler sent out a photo radar ticket to me in the mail.  Per the rules, I don't have to respond to it and - I didn't.  The rules also state that after 120 days, it's too late.  They must use a process server to officially serve the summons, a mail-sent summons does not constitute having been legally served.  So, looking at the date: September 20, 2012, it's been well over 120 days since that thing was sent out to me.

Now, there is a chance that the  process server put the thing somewhere out front and just left it in a place where the wind can blow it away or get stuck in bushes out front - it wouldn't be the first time - so I will go out and scour the front of the property today to ensure I didn't miss their ridiculous version of having had served a person.

I am blowing that off. The time has elapsed, the picture of the individual driving the car is blurry and obscured by the car's right headlight - it's out of alignment, lol.  The pics show the vehicle entering the intersection on yellow and exiting on red.  Oh well, sometimes it happens.

As for the situation with the church, it pretty much blew up in an email exchange that went too far.  The pastor took personal offense at my email to the church and said I was accusing him of - what I don't know since he never said even after asking him twice - and went off into all kinds of tangents.  I had asked there be a face-to-face meeting about this instead of email exchanges precisely because of this reason.

Things tend to get blown out of proportion in email and things may be said that, in a personal interaction, would never be stated.  Whatever the case, the email exchange did not end well but he asked me this morning in another email to meet with him and an elder personally to attempt to try and resolve the issue.  Fine, whatever.  I didn't sleep well last night so that may not be the greatest idea in the world, but if he really wants a personal meeting now after he didn't care about it when I specifically stated that I would rather not do all of this in emails, well, whatever.
\
The subsequent conversation with one of my tenants about this had him stating that that's why he doesn't go to church.  I also heard this on Saturday from the mother of the deceased co-worker: she HATES church because it is "man-made".  She is, for whatever reasons we did not go into, very bitter against the Catholic Church and will only watch church services on TV, not actually go to one.

You meet all kinds of people walking around that have been offended by the church and are usually bitter and holding grudges and all that good stuff. I know that I have been there as well.  Took quite a long time to get over it, which I believe I now am, but then baam, here we go with something else that puts the church in a negative light, IMO.

Well whatever. It's raining, I'm sitting in a pipe yard in west Phoenix and not looking forward to getting out of my warm truck to go tie down pipe that should be getting loaded onto the truck any minute now.

With that, I'm outta here!
ben

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...