Saturday, April 6, 2013

Neighbor Wars Have Escalated

It's all-out, full blown war.
My next door neighbor, who has been busy building his house - made his move yesterday.  I didn't find out about this until today, cause' I can't see that side of his house.

His neighbor - 350 man - installed metal fence posts into the ground - 23 inches into my neighbor's property - some time ago.  Ever since then, it's been all-out war.  But, it's a civil matter, not a criminal matter and my neighbor has been through the rungs in attempting to deal with this.

So yesterday?  He installed 2X4's into the ground - on 350 man's property side of the fence- but really it's my neighbor's property - to erect a fence.  My neighbor's lawyer informed him that he can't take down 350 man's fence posts, but he can install his own fence up to the real property line.  When my neighbor told me this today, I went to take a look.

Oh yes, he did.  And 350 man called the police.  The police can do nothing, a civil matter that only the court can decide.  My neighbor went into a long diatribe about how 350 man has called the city 100 times on him. This concerning the house he is building.

350 man.  A piece of work.  An under-funded, genetically defective piece of work, but a piece-of-work never-the-less.

I must admit to my tones towards him after finding out his wanderings on my property, in my back yard, after I go to sleep at night.  Not pleasant tones.  In fact, I would have to call it downright abrasive.  But who does this guy think he is, after all the trouble he has started with me, in coming into my back yard at night, after I have gone to bed?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben

Now that your neighbour has installed 2x4's on the rightful/legal fence line, it doesn't seem right that he's not allowed to pull down the other fence installed illegally by the neighbour (it's on his own land).

Couldn't your neighbour have the boundaries resurveyed?

Send him a bill for the cost of the land that he's fenced! Tho' Judging by his character, I can't imagine your neighbour would ever see a single cent from him.

The only ones making money are the lawyers!

If that happened to me, I'd be seeing red! Nearly 2 feet!! grrrrrr!!

Cheers

Lynne
Western Australia

BenB said...

Well, here's the rest of the story. 350 man started building that fence 2 or even 3 years ago. He got the posts up and that was it. Just left it sitting like that. Then, my neighbor's house burns down. The city tells him he has to have the property surveyed. After the survey, this is when he finds out 350 man's fence is 2 feet into his property. 350 man, the mouthy idiot that he is, told my neighbor to go f himself when he tried to talk to him about it. That's when it became a blown-out war between the two. Anyway, he cannot take down the metal posts according to his lawyer he could get into trouble for doing that, it all has to be worked out in court.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the explanation, Ben. :)

Cheers

Lynne
Western Australia

 Tuesday mid-morning My expensive office chair that is only like 3 years old is done.  Hydraulic pressure leaks out and the seat sinks to th...