Sunday, April 28, 2013

So, Caleb has shown a sudden interest in learning how to cook.  This started about a month ago.  I finally heard why he is so interested in such last night:  His missionary stint to the Salvation Army will include him having to cook for himself.  He mostly has not cooked much of anything in his lifetime, relying on frozen dinners and whatever I cook or his mother cooks.

So, it's good to see that he will have to fend for himself in that arena.  Today, he will learn how to cook and glaze a ham - pretty easy stuff - and how to make mashed potatoes out of real potatoes (versus instant potatoes) and that should do it.  Well, throw in a vegetable or 2 of course.

Anyway, this will be a busy day. Start off with the worship service at my church, but then leave early to go to Caleb's church to see him promoted to a Solider within the Salvation Army, a necessary move for him to be able to go to Hawaii later this year as a missionary.  After that, our church is going to do baptisms at one of the congregant's homes in Gilbert so if there is time, I am going to travel over there and hopefully help pray in these individuals that need to get baptized.

I was baptized in lake Mead long ago so I don't feel the need to do that again.

For that, I am going to have to get off of the internet, go clean a pond filter, take a shower and get out of here.

Happy Sunday (or Monday to those living on the other side of the world, lol).

ben

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...