Monday, April 29, 2013

The service at the Salvation Army yesterday was pretty cool.  I missed my church's service excepting to go to the first 45 minutes of worship, but I was amazed at the worship service the SA had, very anointed.  I took a video of Caleb and another person who was also going through the ceremony to become a Soldier.  I don't really know what becoming a soldier in the SA actually means in terms of what they expect of you, though there are commitments he made yesterday that were interesting.   

I was also given a complement by one of his friends, lol.  "You're dad's pretty buff".  Oh really?  Nice to hear from the younger generation.  Vanity I guess, but I'll take it, lol.

That was it.  I didn't go to the baptismal yesterday for our church, I was plain too tired, it was a later start time and I wanted to see Caleb when he came home.   I also was still obsessing about that stupid bird that keeps eating my fish, keeping an eye on the sky and the ponds, waiting to see if I could see it come flying over.  I have only seen it once, Mark has seen it several times now. 

Start of a fresh new week.  Same old thing at work.  Oh well. I kinda get tired of it after a while which is usually a good sign that it's time to take some serious time off of work and get away from that rat race for a while, get revitalized, do something different.  Or just stay home, doesn't really matter, the point is to get away from it for a while.  The new truck is supposed to be in this week, actually, today, but I am not holding my breath on that one, they keep changing the arrival date on it.  

The truck I am driving now, the AC doesn't work well enough to keep up with the heat and this week is going to be warmer.  So, that new truck needs to get here, like, soon, very very soon.  I cannot stand driving around hot trucks and we aren't going to dump more money into it to try and get it fixed.  We have already spent almost 4 grand trying to get the AC fixed on it - and that at the International dealership - they don't seem to have a clue and it's a waste of money and time.  So, crossing my fingers that the new truck will arrive and I won't have to put up with nonsense anymore.

I am thinking of asking for a week off in June and in fact will probably put in the paperwork for it today.  

Regardless, it's time to be off to work!

G'day.

ben

No comments:

 Tuesday mid-morning My expensive office chair that is only like 3 years old is done.  Hydraulic pressure leaks out and the seat sinks to th...