Friday, April 26, 2013

Well, more drama.  I go into one of my email accounts - I have several - and find an email from my dad that he wrote this morning.  He had sent it out to most of his extended family.  His "wife" kicked him out yet again.  He was an emotional wreck and he had to find a new place, allegedly and he was writing about all of the problems he is going to have in attempting to deal with it.  Then, I find another email he wrote this afternoon, saying that his wife was waiting for him at the door with open arms.

Look, this kind of drama I don't need.  If he wants to stay with a woman that repeatedly kicks him out and tells him to find a new place to live, then that is his problem.  If it were me, I would be a goner, buh-bye, I won't be seeing ya later; don't call me and I most certainly won't be calling you.  But, that's not the way my dad is.  I still can't understand why he wants to stay with a chick that apparently needs bi-polar medication or mood-swing therapy, I dunno.  Last time I got that same kind of email from him, I immediately wrote him and told him I would help in whatever way I could.  I guess I would have this time, but only after  waiting at least 24 hours to see if this situation had ironed itself out again.

Whatever.  I came home today to find the stove top covered with food and goo yet again.  I am assuming this is the new tenant's doings, because I haven't had this problem up until now.  Laughable at best to think this guy stated that he is cleaner than Mark - Mark is a clean freak and obsesses about cleaning things to the point of taking things apart to clean them.  No-one else in the entire house including me is "cleaner" than Mark.  I consider leaving the stop top covered with that kind of s*** to be the workings of a slob and the issue is being addressed by a notice on top of the stove.  If that doesn't work, then a face-to-face confrontation will occur because I can't stand having a dirty kitchen.  I want it clean and I want it kept clean.

Went up to Globe again today.  We sell pipe and fittings to store that sells the stuff up there.  We don't go up that often, but I like the drive.  Today, the guys wanted me to "take it up the hill". The store is already up on top of a hill - about a 15% grade to get up to it.  This other hill is behind the store and is extremely steep.  45 degree angle anyway.  Well, I got it up there but it was so tight, getting back out proved to be the biggest backing challenge I have had in a while.  So much so that I had to do a pull up after realizing I hadn't cut quite enough and the truck? Stuck on this hill. It lost traction even with inter-axle lock.  Sure, I could have kept going backwards, but I would have ended up taking out a fence and going into a ditch.

Had to have them pull me out with a chain.  But, no biggies.  Not the first time I have gotten that truck stuck - some construction sites pose problems with differing situations that can make a truck sink in mud or get stuck in deep and loose rock.  It isn't the end of the world and I consider  part of the job description.

Work week over.  I am still planning on hitting the church prayer meeting tonight, which starts in an hour and 45 minutes.  That is, of course, if I'm awake enough by then to be able to fully engage myself in such.  Well, I think I"m going to take a nap because I'm tired as it is.  If I can't wake myself up enough for the meeting, I just plain won't go.

ben

No comments:

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...