Thursday, January 30, 2014

Definitely going to drag her up to the mountains to the property and we will spend at least one night there.  Maybe 2.  It's so beautiful and peaceful up there.  Maybe a bit cold at this time of year but there are heaters in the trailers and a pit to build a nice fire :)  I haven't built too many fires up there in the past because - I - was - alone.  I mean, I can entertain myself to a point.  Now that I think about it, it seems the world revolves around couples, married or otherwise.  If you don't have a mate to talk with the other guy's mate......well that is a side benefit, maybe, in the future.  

So yeah.  I'm still trying to find a ring, definitely plan on popping the question!  Maybe up there! Though in this electronic age, it would be cool to get it on video.  

I decided today to contact her 17 year old.  He's gone, out of the house, done, living with the ex, who knows how that will go.  But it wasn't anything preachy.  Just want to keep in contact with him. If this all works out I want him to feel comfortable with me and maybe he'll even come back home.  Or not, don't know.  But I feel the need to reach out. So, I was heartened to get some replies and have a conversation.

Meanwhile, the 15 year old, in his overwhelming desire to be with his girl, lied to me today and was attempting to get me to get his mom to relent, change her mind about him going over there this weekend and do what he wants.  After talking with him and then her, and then eventually finding out about his lies.  I had a few words for him.  No, I didn't bash him.  I just told him trust is earned and easy to lose.  That it hurts to have a person you know and/or love lie to you and make up stories.  Stuff like that. He apologized = sort of - but I wasn't done with what I was trying to convey to him.  

Well the 4th apology from him was desperate in nature. Like he felt like I was rejecting and abandoning him, which wasn't my intent at all, so I changed course with it.  Time to let it go and I did, but still attempting to teach him how words can hurt people.  

Anyway, it's my bed time, I am dead tired.  Lady is just soo much looking forward to coming and yes, I am sooo much looking forward to her visit! Yes!

ben

No comments:

 So I drive up to Gurdon, unload, leave, make the 1-1/2 hour drive to Eldo, pull in the yard.  I had already spoken with the manager a littl...