Monday, March 3, 2014

Welcome to the land of iPhones.  I am actually getting the hang of it much faster than I thought I would.  There are some things I get hung up on but still, I can definitely use the thing.

Back to the Texas ranch.
12 year old boy acting like an ass today.  Everyone getting on his case because of it.  So I'm just getting home from church and hearing that he wants to talk to me.  Okay.  M'lady puts him on the Ipad and connects to FB message and here we go.  But it was taking too long, put him on the phone with me, this is going to take forever doing it like this!

So on the phone for an hour.  Yes, with a 12 year old boy.  Telling me about all of his life's troubles and how people pick on him both at home and at school. I'm not necessarily that sympathetic, I was told long before that age to just deal with it......go get in their faces and beat the snot out of them.  Yes, even coming from my mother.  In other words, whining about it ain't gonna get you nowhere. But I was nice to him anyway.  After 30 minutes of that he turned on facetime, a thing I didn't know iPhones had and now I was looking at his face.  Lol.

That was today.  That doesn't include interactions with the 16 year old - an almost daily occurrence and the 17 year old.

And of course, endless conversations with m'lady, lol on FB, texting and phone.  : )

I got the time off, I am going over there after work on a Thursday last week of this month and staying until Monday, leaving on a late plane and yes, getting home late but I have to try to extract as much time out of the 3 days I am taking off there plus the 2 weekends days as i can.  If I am trashed at work the next day, oh well, what else is new?  As always, I want to see all of this atrocious behavior these boys exhibit, as has happened every time I have gone there, it probably won't happen.

Well whatever. This is pretty much life at the farm without actually being at the farm.

No, it isn't going to be all hell over there, that is a fact.  The kid asked me today after the 2 or 3 months it takes to clean that house up - I pretty much told him and all the rest of them how it was going to be once I get there - could we ride dirt bikes?  Well yes we can, but neither he nor I have one.  That is, however, a situation I want to change.  You cannot possibly have 36 acres of land and not have dirt bikes or quads or both to ride around on!

I also will want to rent a track hoe and dig the lower pond out to make it much larger than it is and rechannel the water so that the inlet is on one side and the outlet on the exact opposite side.  But none of that takes precedence over the house.  It needs work, a lot of it and those boys are going to spend the summer working hard and playing hard.  Yes, work them then make sure they have play time as well.  Of course, if this all works out, lol.  We are engaged, we love each other - deeply; wedding proposed for June, I'm hoping to be out there in the next 2 months, but as always, the "best laid plans of men".  Can go south.  In a fast hurry.  So nothing concrete, just going with the flow and one step at a time.  No job, no move.  Unless she thinks she can support me, lol, until  I find one. But no, I really would like to have employment before I get out there.

Meanwhile, Mark and Lynnette are all good with running the house hold.  I think Lynnette can deal with people, Mark can deal with issues.  I'm going to give it a try and see what happens. It's not that I don't think they can run the house, it's the part about getting new tenants in when the need arises that concerns me.  Probably the first person they need to see is Lynnette, not Mark for reasons I need not go into here.

Well, anyway, started this one on Sunday, now Monday morning.  Thinking of calling the manager over there in Shreveport today or this week and asking a few more questions, mostly just to let him know I am very interested in the position and please don't give it up to anyone else.  Though he didn't make it sound like they even had the position available yet.

Anyway, g'day.

ben


No comments:

 Thursday morning It’s almost 9:00 am and they are just starting on finding parts after calling them to see where they’re at with this. They...