Sunday, January 18, 2015

Driver's license renewal.
Gag.
I was first told that I had to make an appointment in both Texas and Arizona  to do any CDL transactions.
In other words, to show up at a drivers license office, I had to make an appointment in either state.
The lady I finally spoke with, however, contradicted that. No honey, you just show up here with proper
credentials and we will get it done.
Arizona? Found on their website two locations that don't need an appointment, one of them a place I have been going to for a long, long time anyway.

The dilemma is simply that my commercial driver's license is about to expire.  To renew it in Texas I need a birth certificate, which I don't have since I never replaced it after my house burned down some years ago and almost everything in the house burned up with it.

To get a Texas CDL, I need proof of residency. To get proof of residency, I have to register my vehicle.  To register my vehicle, I have to have an inspection done on the car.  Etc etc etc.  Yes, I am going to try doing all of that, register the car, already have a new birth certificate ordered, have the rest of the documentation but in the end?  I may have to end up flying back to Arizona to get this done.

The worst part of all of this is this is a complete oversight on my part.  I should have seen this coming and started this process LONG ago.  But I didn't even realize my license was going to expire until last week when my company sent my manager a notification that it is about to expire and it needs to be renewed and sent into corporate.  I'll give my company credit for catching this in time for me to have enough time - hopefully - to get this resolved.

It's fairly stressful since my livelihood depends on that license.

Oh well.

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...