Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Haven't been here in a  while - which is okay.  I have another place I am writing.
But I can update here once in a while.
I have had one of my 4 wheelers over at this backyard mechanic's house for almost 2 months now.
Not that it matters, it was not in running condition when I got it.  I figured some engine work, I didn't
figure the amount of engine work it needs.  I would have taken the thing apart myself and slowly rebuilt it - with whatever tutoring I would need online to get it done.

I have rebuilt plenty of car engines, I doubt ATV engines are too terribly different. Piston, rings, crankshaft, head, valves.  Don't forget the bearings.  And boring the block if necessary.

I was informed by someone yesterday that replacing CV boots on the Polaris would be too difficult for me. Uh huh.  CV boots.  Yes, you have to take apart a lot of stuff.  You have to remember how to put it all back together.  I did truck and car mechanics for a lot of years. It was a while back now, but I figure I can figure it out with the help of the internet if necessary.  And for as much time as it has taken for this dude to get anything done, a 4 wheeler sitting up on jacks for a few weeks or less isn't going to be a big issue.

At least, not for me it won't. Other parties I dunno.

But, the dude has the other one torn apart and sent the engine somewhere so I just have to wait.  But the Polaris? I'm starting to get irritated. It should have been done 2 weeks ago.  The cooling fan wasn't coming on, I figured either a bad motor or more likely a bad sensor.  Turns out the things has 2 sensors and they are attached or built into 2 separate thermostats? What kind of nonsense is that?

I'm just going to have to start learning ATV mechanics so I won't have to pay someone to do the work.  Or have to wait forever for someone I don't mind paying to do the work for.  I was surprised to find out that ATV parts cost more than car parts.  Same kinds of parts - far higher prices.

Turmoil at the house with a non paying tenant and another who is attempting to dictate to the house what he can and cannot do.  Including turning up or down the thermostat according to the season/time of year it is.  The man is in danger of eviction, for I will not tolerate such shit in my house, even if it is 1,200 miles away.  He has been living there for over 3 years.  My tolerance does not include tenants dictating to the house what they will or will not do.

Work - crappy.  Pay reduction, a person working there that is constantly in a very sour mood,  long drive, just getting tired of it.

Church - still looking.  Passing by a retreat every day that I just found out is internationally renowned prophet.  Dunno if they have weekly church services or what, going to look into it.

Life in general not bad, just a lot of stuff going on.

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...