Thursday, March 19, 2015

I was going to meet up with two people today to look at rooms they had for rent.  One texted me and said a person that had viewed the room previously had decided to take the room and was going to pay her tonight.  The other - I drove clear out there at previously agreed time and find out the dude is still at work and won't be home until 8:00 pm - we were to meet at 6:00.  Kinda pissed me off he didn't bother to contact me about that.

I've been spending more time than I care to admit to try and find a new place to live and am not coming up with anything good.  There was a duplex that sounded good - until I got there and saw this trashed out looking dump that I would never even think of living in.  I've looked at apartments, duplexes, rooms, whatever.  One place has an RV for rent but it's $475 per month.  That's pretty pricey for an old RV, even if it is in good condition.  There are not a lot of options out here, not like Phoenix.

Got on the 4 wheeler today and took a ride around the property.  No-one was there, I beat them home from wherever they were at.  It's really a beautiful piece of land.  I drove to an area of thick trees and sat there.  Quiet, beautiful, serene.  That is until a yellow 4 wheeler came zooming up with Nathan on it.  Hadn't seen the kids since Sunday.  We talked for a while until a very loud voice yelled out: Nathanael!!!!! from up above.  Ummm, Nathan, did you ask if you could go for a ride?  No.  Ohhhh, I think you're in trouble.  But, he's always in trouble so he doesn't really care that much.

I have too much going on and taking a ride to get some peace was good.  More of that is necessary for me.  Alone, away from people and all the noise and chaos.

Work pretty much blowing up.  Young driver went into our manager today and "informed" him that another driver is lazy and doesn't do anything.  The manager looked at him and said, "well isn't that kinda like the pot calling the kettle black?".  The kid driver goes around bashing everyone behind their back, yes he's the worse employee there. These new devices they dumped on us show everything.  I mean everything.  Where you are at. The entire route you have taken. If you stopped somewhere, it shows where you stopped and how long you were there.  They were looking at a route he took last week.  He was going 100 MILES out of the way to get to a job site. Why? Because he wants to drag out his runs and make sure he doesn't get back too quick.

He has made enemies out of the rest of the drivers.  On another front, the receptionist was cussed out by purchasing agent. She - the receptionist - is not a person you want to mess with and this "man" is going to find that out.  She stopped him in mid sentence - on the phone that is - and told him ... I don't know who the f*** you think you are talking to, but this ain't going to fly with me.  It's the most poorly run operation in terms of tolerance for unbelievable verbal abuse that I have ever seen.  And even more going on over there that I won't bother going into because I don't feel like it and it's getting late.

I mean, I drove over to that area to meet that guy and see the room and he was held up.  I went to the property and rode my 4 wheeler waiting for Val/kids to get home. Then we did my taxes.  That took an hour and a half.  $1,600 coming back, so I ain't going to complain but I am extremely tired and it's time to go to bed.

G'nite.


























No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...