Saturday, June 18, 2016

Well it came to light today that they are moving. No, it was last night.  I asked cause' there was some talk that was a bit unsettling.  I'm not really wanting them to take off, not that they have a choice.  His dad showed up and that is where 2 plus 2 still equals 4.  I'ma need your help tomorrow moving that motorcycle.  I haven't ever seen the thing, but it's in a shed out back that is locked up.  I saw it today though, lol.

I got into this discussion with the landlord's dad today. It's a 1975 Harley Davidson something or other, not really up on Harleys. .  It had been sitting on a special motorcycle jack for a few years.  It was frozen and wouldn't let down, the jack that is, hydraulics.  They went back and forth about this for quite a while and I got tired of it.  I want done with this, get it off the jack, get it on the floor, get it out of the shed and onto the concrete and then we can move on.  How heavy is this thing? I asked.  It's too heavy to lift.

I've heard this too many times in my life.  I'ma lift this thing up, the front wheel will hit the floor, pull it out when the motorcycle clears the jack.  I wasn't prepared for the weight of it, though.  I got the thing up but the dad didn't pull the damned thing out from underneath. I can't just hold it up indefinitely so I let it back down.  We tried this again.  I lift the thing up, the dude is older, much older, he just doesn't have the umph to move heavy stuff. I ain't holding it against him, but please move so your son can get it out of there, cause' I can tell you right now, that jack doesn't weigh anything even remotely close to this motorcycle.

The thing was deceptive in appearance. Didn't look that heavy.  I don't know what it weighed  but the first try I slightly pulled a lower side back muscle.  Nothing severe at all, but the second try I was in position, the third try, I had to give directions.  When I lift this up, pull it out! Please!!!  After finally getting the thing on the floor, it was getting it out of there.  I pulled that freaking thing but it was giving far too much resistance. When we got it down on the concrete, and pushing the issue cause pushing it up onto the trailer like that wasn't exactly anything I was interested in, he had  the thing in 1st gear.

But this just created a new situation in my life. I don't even know how this is going to go down, they don't know where they are being sent off to yet.  Which is not my concern, the concern is having to move all of my stuff out of this room and into a smaller room so that this room can be rented at a higher rate.  Guaranteed that smaller room won't pan out for as much needed to keep this place afloat.  I don't feel obliged to do this, but I don't mind either.  It's like my house in Phoenix.  I own it but I am not running it. So, they get a lot of leeway to do whatever they need to do as long as the rooms stay rented.

Really.  Just the idea of making friends with people and they are gone.  I'm so tired of life going this way.  It's been happening as far back as I can remember, even in single digit age, several times over just in that era.  I'm going to get to know this person or those people and then they are going to disappear?  Well but they do have a goal of coming back after he has been with that company for 18 months he can come to Texas and work locally.  They are from here, they don't want to lose their house.

Okay.  Nothing new under the sun.  Accept it, deal with it, move on.













No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...