Monday, May 22, 2017

Sunday.
Tomorrow, I think, the big wigs are coming into town.  It will also pretty much decide my fate with that company.
But, I am applying for local tanker gigs already.
Even if they don't fire me or do whatever, I'm moving forward with the idea that the manager isn't going to change, nothing at work is going to change and that it's an untenable situation.  The only caveat I would love to get here is a week off, anyway.

Get some time off to recompose, think time, apply for jobs time, etc.

I'll keep my composure regardless of what comes at me, that's all I can say.  It's a good ole' boys club, there isn't anything I can do about that. If you haven't been there 20 plus years, you are basically nothing.  I seriously am treated - as are others there - like a machine.  Input data, tell  it what to do, push the start button and off the machine goes. I wouldn't actually mind that if the pay were good enough to compensate.
____________________________

Monday, post-work.  Didn't sleep worth crap last night.  Maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep and that was it, which caused me to have a headache all day long at work.  I felt like going home all day, but the manager isn't speaking to me and I wasn't going to bridge the gap. Screw it. The big wigs were no shows until 4:30 pm, and only one of them showed up.  The district manager had a good friend die and the wake was today, etc.

So, showing up that late in the day and having no desire to get into that kind of conversation with that kind of headache going, I just worked until the clock expired, clocked out and got the bleep out of there.  Raining all day long to boot, was wet most of thee day even though I had a rain coat on, I didn't have any rain slicks for pants and my boots aren't waterproof.  Nothing like working with wet feet in wet socks.

Basically, a miserable day and very happy to be home.  Hot meal was waiting for me and I was thankful for that as well.  I'm guessing the GM will be there tomorrow since he showed up so late today and this situation will be dealt with - one way or the other.

Even if they don't give me the boot out of there, I'm not sure I can deal with this bs for another 3 months.  That's my son's wedding in August and if I find a new job before then, they will have to agree to let me have at least 4 or 5 days off, even if unpaid leave.

Well that's it.  I'm toast.  I was going to have some report on my job status at that place or the outcome of the meeting, but, not today.  Thank God not today.  I was/am in no mood to listen to that manager spouting off.

No comments:

 Thursday night I am finally home. The ending of the ordeal at the TA truckstop did not go without a hitch.  When I got there yesterday and ...