Saturday, August 26, 2017

Well, here we are, home.
Not really the biggest downer ever.  Just the s*** that occurred when I came back here in the house.  I notice now that entry as a draft, maybe I will post it - maybe not worth it.

That was a situation that occurred in the house here and is an entire entry in itself.
The real thing of interest for me was coming back to work and seeing the manager coming down on all kinds of people at different levels getting reamed. Yes, about petty stuff. Please.  I steered clear of it, though I heard a lot of it.  In other words, yes, I was there, and yes, I said nothing. I was no part of it, yet it was astounding to see this man riding people that give their all to doing whatever he says to do.

Humans make mistakes, he has no grace or mercy for that.  It's perfection, perfection, perfection.  He proclaimed that "we are on the top now", comparing us to other stores in the region. Yes, we may very well be, but at what cost to the human experience?  To living a life of peace, including at the workplace? He's threatened to get rid of certain people if they don't step up their game. Maybe that is warranted, but he's also riding people that strive for excellence.  I saw an inside salesman come into the showroom the other day and instantly knew by the look on his face.  I asked him if everything was ok? He put his hand up to the top of his forehead and gestured.  In other words, the shit has gotten deep, he's getting fed up.

The other inside salesman is looking for a new job.  They both might be, in reality, I dunno about the other dude, I haven't asked him and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't tell me if he was. It would come back on him if the manager found out. The outside salesman have it too good there, they are making too much money. The manager isn't really over them, in fact he isn't their manager at all, but he can and does make life hell for them .

But, this coming in to work two days in a row and walking in on this stuff was astounding the. Day 2 was worse, actually. He was riding 3 people.  The 2 inside salesmen and the warehouse "manager".  The warehouse manager was in a foul mood for the rest of the day after that. I didn't ask what the manager was chewing them out for, I heard some of it, I've heard it over and over.  Just getting shitty over minor things that he should be able to talk to people about without acting like a total ass.

The warehouse manager is close to retirement.  The 2 inside salesmen have a lot of years left in front of them.  If I were in my 20's or even 30's, I would be going back to school, learning something that is for the modern world - namely automation - and getting degrees in relevant fields.  My desire to go back to school has always been stifled by the exorbitant amount of money they want to go.  I would love to learn something different and get into a completely different line of work.  But, education is the key nowadays.  Oh well. My only concern with my field is how long will I be able to pass the medical exam?  Or even, will the field become automated in itself?  They are talking about driverless cars and trucks, it's coming sooner or later.

Well going to post  this one even though unfinished. Appears I haven't posted in a while lol.




















No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...