Tuesday, February 27, 2018

So, I made a huge error that would have really pissed me off  - at me - tomorrow.  I misread the text Ann sent me, I thought I had to load tomorrow.  It turns out she has  me loading Monday morning.  I know this because another driver called me earlier.  "Hi Ben, this is - " whoever, I don't know this dude, he works there but I haven't met more than half the drivers.  She gave him my number, which is cool, but he confused me at first.

"Ann said you have a load on Monday and that you have stuff to get done around the house".  Monday? I thought. "No, that load is going out tomorrow". He was confused then too, but apologetic for calling me about it. No, no, let me look at this again, I replied while switching screens on my phone to take another look. Yea, it's going out tomorrow.  Wait, what is today?  the 24th, he replies.  Ohhhhh wow! I would have gone to the plant tomorrow for nothing!

I thought about it for 2 seconds.  He said, well she said you had stuff to do and maybe you'd give up the load.  He was being really nice about it, but he doesn't live here, he wasn't assigned a load for Monday cause he just got back into town and I can understand him trying.  I've been on the road long enough, 3 straight days off, even if unpaid, sound wonderful to me.  Yes, you can have it!  Not that i want to give up a 736 mile each way run, but I want the time off.  I have a large number of things I still have to get done that Monday would provide for. Tomorrow is Sunday and I actually have some stuff Sunday would allot for as well.

But actually, tomorrow sounds like the perfect day to lounge around and do nothing for an entire day, with no pressure to do anything. Tho, if it hadn't been raining so much, there is yard work I'd love to get done.  In fact, at the very least, I will wash off the entire concrete slab tomorrow.  Okay, sitting around doing nothing isn't going to happen.  I just remembered a bunch of organizational stuff I need to get done before my friends move back here, plus need to drive around the community and see if there are any houses available that aren't listed anywhere and get some stuff from Lowe's . I wouldn't mind getting the truck and bringing it home and taking it to a place down the street on Monday that details cars.  I'm sure they'll do whatever for extra fee.

__________________

Tomorrow is now today and almost over.  I spent a considerable amount of time traveling around looking at bathroom vanities, attempting to decide which would be the best one for the amount of money I wanted to spend.

I mean, you can spent thousands on an entire setup if you really want to.  I didn't really want to, lol. I finally ended up at a Home Depot some 40 miles away and found one of their vanity sets on sale that really looked cool, to me anyway and was at a great price for the cabinet, the top and a mirror.  I saw a faucet set at Lowe's that I will go back to tomorrow to finish the deal. I'm half tempted to try and install it tomorrow. My friends are going to leave tomorrow morning to go over to same said town for doctor visits, I am going to go into that bathroom and see what it would take to remove the existing vanity and install the new one.  If it's more than a day job, I can't do it.  I'll have to pay someone to come over.

Because after tomorrow? I intend on taking whatever runs are dumped on me full the way up until the end of March. No complaining about it, the money is needed.  But it has been nice having some time off, even if not paid time off. My old job, I had weekends off anyway and didn't get paid for them, in my mind, it's really just taking a single day off without pay, which would be tomorrow. It will show, of course, 2 paychecks from now, but the next paycheck should be mighty fine.  So, I'm good with it.

Anyway, I also ended up building a fire in the pit outside - the temps came way down today, visited my friends at Chili's and basically enjoyed my Sunday.  Oh, all 3 of us sat by the fire for several hours chatting.  Social Club in the backyard, lol.

Never had time to finish this one.  Posting anyway.
























No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...