Thursday, April 26, 2018

Pleasant surprise today when I went to pay my mortgage online.  I had a message in red letters saying property taxes had been paid and my payment amount had been updated.  I was thinking, red letters, this is going to be bad.  Instead, it came down $100 per month!

Ugh, but I just got off the phone with my mortgage company and found out the insurance they have on the house ONLY covers the house.  No damage, theft, nothing.  So, that became my project for today, find a new insurance company, of which I believe I have found and at half the price. If that works out then my payment is going to come down another $100 per month, putting my mortgage at near $700 with escrow.  That's pretty awesome.

I'm kinda just rambling here.  I've got to get that toilet replaced. I got the new one, just sitting there. I actually was able to stop the leak on the old one so I kinda lost motivation.  But, I definitely need to put the new one in, not only because I bought the thing but also because this old one doesn't flush very well. I mean, this is old technology here.

Nothing really new going on here.  I thought I was going to get sent out this morning, but that didn't happen.  I'm ready to go out on another run, need the dough.  Saving money for retirement, paying off debt slowly and attempting to save for a vehicle.  I mean, even if I don't pay cash for a vehicle, I want enough down money that the payment will be low and the length of it will be 3 years,.  I'm basically trying to save up 8 grand for that project - I may be able to find a decent pickup for that money and not have to get into a loan at all.

Day 2 of being off.  I kinda like having the days off, but it almost guarantees I will be working through the weekend.  I am cutting the manager some slack since her father just passed away and she is busy making funeral arrangements and family and such.  I'm not sure how she can even do her job while having to do deal with all of that plus grief at the same time.  They do have people at the corporate office that can fill in for her in just such occasions.

But, that's none of my business. Just at this point, I'm going to need a longer run, a couple thousand miles worth would be good.  Get some miles racked up towards next paycheck. 

So, I am about to get off of here and get ready to take a trip to a town about 60 miles away.  I found a beautiful dresser on Craigslist - I have no dresser in this room/house and I desperately need one. This is more antique vintage, in perfect condition and they only want $240 for it.  Guaranteed it's worth at least twice that if not more. I'll post pics of it on my FB wall if/when I get the thing back here. It's supposedly very heavy, but they said they would help me load it on the trailer.  I hope so, cause I sure as heck can't put it on there myself.  It's too far away to ask anyone to go with me - probably close to 3 hours round trip by the time it's all said and done, but well worth it for the quality and the beauty of it.  Must needs to get moving here~!

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...