Friday, May 25, 2018

I spent 3 hours at the dentist.  We are going for all of it. The dentist said we are putting in one crown today.  Statement of fact, yes that was the original thing and then it spread to everything else on the first visit.  I said, well, let's go for as much of it as you have time for today. He looked at the info and said we could do the 2 cracked teeth and all 4 front teeth.  Yes, let's do that please.  I'm ready to get this over with, even if payments are going to last a day and a half next and half of forever.

3 hours of 4 sets of hands.  Mouth wide open.  Uppers deaded to the point there was no feeling in them for hours.  I haven't had dental work done - since my 20's actually.  I mean, I've been to the dentist but I haven't had any work done.  Just given costs for what they want to do and me thinking, I don't have that kind of money right now. I didn't have any credit then, either.

I truly hate going further into debt, but it was either get these teeth fixed or eventually have to have them pulled and implants.  So, 2 weeks into June I have an appointment to finish the 6 crowns, get fitted for the last crown and have all the rest of the work down.  "You are going to have to be prepared to be here for 3 or 4 hours again". That's fine, I said, I want to get this done.  He lines his pockets, I get the work done, capitalism at it's finest.  I could have probably found a place to get it done cheaper, but this guy knows what he's doing.  I've had enough dentists that don't know what they are doing or hand your off to apprentices/aides that have no clue and not enough oversight.  You pay full price for half assed work.  I'll just pay this time, thanks.

I'm going to have a sit down with my manager next time I'm in there.  What does it take to switch over to Owner Operator, is ti feasible in my case and can I do it whenever I want to?  Does the company have any trucks for sale, btw?  Just curious, lol.

I am going back to Cheneire tomorrow. I was given a choice of that or another undesirable place, so I took the one that has a "chance" of getting back the same day.  Unlikely, of course, but perhaps after the last fiasco and the man that runs that place raising hell over there, it might go a lot faster.  That doesn't change the attitudes of 2 particular punks kids working there, but I'm prepared to deal with that as well now.  And yes, I'm taking food this time.  Enough to carry me over a night if need be.  Just enough, but enough.

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...