Sunday, June 10, 2018

Here we are Wednesday. I very much expected to be sent out today, in fact, I wanted to be sent out this morning. I was on a 34 hour reset but that was completed last night.  I have this feeling the way my manager was talking that she went on another vacation.  Since I am not hearing back from her, I just texted the lady driver - she is always in on the loop on everything - asking her if Ann went on vacation.  If she did, my next text will be to Sheila, who left me hanging for 6 days last time this happened which wasn't all that long ago.  I wanted to be sent out today so if it's a 4 day run, I could be back Saturday morning at the latest and partake in the party they are going to have here.  I could still get sent out on a 3 day run and get back in time.

Meanwhile I've sent out a few more applications.  Only really looking at tanker work.  Probably don't have enough minimum experience to be looked at by most companies, but worth a shot.

I have no grand aspirations for today. I was casually looking at local pickups, prices high unless high mileage, then they are still too high for having over 200k miles.  Not sure how they came to the conclusion in these parts that a used, older pickup is worth as much as they want for them.  I guess the market and buyers will pay it.  But if you are getting into an old truck with over 200k miles, you can expect at least a top end job, alternator, water pump, power steering pump, front end parts to go out sooner or later.  You  will end with nickle and dime stuff on a constant basis - tho these days, it's not nickles and dimes,

I saw one truck that was mildly luring because it had 40,000 miles on it. It was a 2011 but in excellent condition.  I think it was 18k.  See that's what I'm saying. The truck is 7 years old and still worth that much money?  I just can't embrace that notion.

Rene asked me for money to go to Michigan again.  I've got expenses and I've got dental work to pay for. If I don't get a truck, I'm fixing the AC in the Jeep and start driving that, perhaps get rid of that old car.  I like having a backup but we've got a lot of vehicles sitting here.  I dunno. I might donate to it but pay for the whole ticket I don't think so. She needs to find other sources to help her out.  She can take a Greyhound bus round trip for $180.  Airfare is around $320 - but that's if she buys it soon.  She says she wants to see her dying friend, that may be true, but the real story is she just wants a trip out of here.  She really needs to come up with some other people to tap for such things.  I have things I want to do with my money, this isn't a loan. It's called that but I know I'll never get paid back so if I give money towards it, it's a gift, that way I wash my hands of it and don't expect anything back, ever. She is on very limited income.



















No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...