Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Looooooooooong day.  I'm just out of it.  I got up at 3:00 am, but I woke up at 1:00 am. Dumb dog made a bunch of noise, woke me up and I never got back to sleep.  So, to the plant, 2-1/2 hours there, the on the road almost 600 miles and finally "here".  I felt so bad and so wiped out I decided a cheap hotel room would be better than trying to sleep in that truck all night long.  Not to mention I probably won't get rolling until around 7:00 am, meaning here for at least 12 hours.

I wanted to make it here whether detention pay or not.  Get the run over with in 2 days if not and have time to get more driving in somewhere else - mostly likely a day/overnight trip somewhere.  It's just that she's given me this early rise thing 2 runs in a row, only 1 day apart.  I just can't deal with this.  The alternative was probably some crappy run somewhere that doesn't get me miles and doesn't pay enough.  So, I'm not going to complain I'm just going to hope whatever's next is not an early rise.  The 7 oclock one is fine by me.

I know I complain about this every time she does it, I've told her enough times about how much it affects me but she still does it anyway.  So, I'm a stop complaining to her about it and just try to deal with it.  It would have been really cool if there would have been no trailers in the yard when I got here - not only detention pay but a long wait meaning just rest.

Anyway, James mom and stepdad are at the house.  I always offer my room if I'm not there cause' otherwise they have to stay at a hotel and the experience is not the same.  It's not that they're broke and can't afford a hotel, it's that they have to leave and come back etc., it's not the same as waking up, walking out into the kitchen and making breakfast or going to get the boys out of the bed. She loves those kids.

______________________________________


Okay, that was yesterday.  Took a shower after writing that and went to sleep.  Woke up early this morning and - went right back to sleep lol.  Then I woke up at 4:30 am - jolted upright actually - my brain told me while sleeping, apparently, that I had forgotten to put the elog device into off duty mode.  I laid there and thought about it for a while, finally got up and went out to look. Sure enough.  I put it in off duty, but that wasn't going to help me. A full 10 hours from the time I put it in off duty would have to pass.  No worries, I thought, I'll just sleep in and call the office in the morning to fix it and then I can leave.

I mean, :I made phone call after phone call this morning - it is Monday, I get that, but it was after opening time in the Amariallo office, someone should be answering the phone.  Many more phone calls later and getting new phone numbers from a different upper level manager and I had someone on the phone, they updated the info, sent it to my elog and it automatically updated itself.

Ugh, I thought, late start.  Oh well. Late arrival back, lol.  Houston traffic was terrible. Rain and accidents, slow downs everywhere, people driving stupid.  I just have never understood the rain and people's driving habits. It's absolutely nothing to drive in the rain.  To hydroplane you are either going really fast or there is a LOT of water on the road, any way about it, you can feel it when it starts to lose traction and you need only let your foot off the accelerator to get it to stop.

But it never fails. I don't care where you are, but when you are in a high density traffic area, the effects are much worse.  It seemed like an eternity to get through that.  Finally got to the northern part of Houston up to Humble - where I usually stop to take a break.  I never take breaks before I get through Houston coming from either direction. Get it over with before rush hour hits.





















No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...