Thursday, August 30, 2018

Absolutely amazing.
I was only told this morning that I was going out this weekend. 
As always, never know where.

So when she finally sent me the pic of the sheet with the next place to go?
Wow!
Washington!\
Wait, which Washington? 
I never heard of the town so I'm looking it up and it's taking me to DC.  No.
They don't have these kinds of plants in Washington DC, do they?  I mean, I guess.

So I'm looking at the directions - they always put final directions in there. 
After being on road whatever in Oregon....that was all I needed to see.

Washington state! That means I get to go through the Rockies, real mountains!
Scenery! God's natural beauty!

But then I thought, isn't that a long way from here?  2,000 miles one way.
This is going to be an incredible trip.  I'm not necessarily looking at this as work
besides all the paperwork I have to do along the way and getting Texas out of the way and
all that desert junk.  Through Mexico - not the mountains but the scenery there is majestic.
I'ts 3 plus days to get there.  I can drive around 600 miles a day, maybe more, maybe less
depending on traffic, weather, road conditions, construction work.  But even so, it's still going
into a 4th day to get there.

My trips to West Virginia are 2,000 miles round trip and that's 3 full days and a portion of a third.

So yes, I've got a lot to do.  Laundry is done tho.  The rest I will get to tomorrow morning.  It's a
later load, I can go to Walmart, Kroger's and the bank, get my stuff done and be ready to go.

Several routes to get there, but none of them take me through Arizona. Right on the crisp of it, yes
but not into it.  Just another thing I need to do but on a trip dedicated to it and not through work. 

I''m excited.  It would be more fun traveling with someone or even my dogs but I'll still make it a memorable trip.  I just have to look on the map and figure out where I'll be on any given night - where I could be I should say and see if it's where I want to be.  I would love a night up in the mountains - drag the mattress out of the sleeper and sleep under the stars. 

Maybe wishful thinking but it would be cool.

I will probably have to take a 34 hour reset out there.  Well yes, almost certain I will. Rather take that in the mountains not in the desert. I don't have control over that, you run out of hours wherever that happens, but I'm going to try and calculate that tonight. 

Anyway, around 8 days on the road.....














No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...