Sunday, August 19, 2018

Nothing against Rene, at all actually. She came back from her 2 week trip to see friends and family yesterday and wanted to come see the dogs - yesterday actually. Uhh, please, tomorrow, I've been out on the road for quite a while, tomorrow works better.  Well, she did show up today. I was in the kitchen tending to food I was cooking - I love to cook, well actually I love smoking food on the smoker.

I said nothing to the dogs, they heard her voice coming through the door and they went running. I continued to keep silent.  60 seconds later they were both in the kitchen, with me, at my side.  I'm only human.  I love my dogs, I like to think they "love" me back in their version of affection in a pack.  I'd like to think they want to be around me as much as I like being around them. They didn't fail me today. Without any coercion or even a word spoken to them they came back to papa : ) 

Yes, it made me feel good. My dogs spend probably as much time over there as they do here.  It's good that they love her, really it is.  But, after so much time on the road lately, I just had that thing in me that wondered if they were better off over there instead of with me?  Maybe I don't deserve to have dogs since I can't be with them everyday.

I don't know, just a lot of thoughts run through my head.  There are many times when I wished my Dane was traveling with me.  I could easily make it happen on a trip here and there, a bit of extra work but it would be worth it.  Of course, they don't allow dogs in trucks in my company and so that's not even a consideration. 

I'll be honest, I'd even get a small doggy if it meant it could travel with me.  But whatever. These plants don't care about your personal lives or how you feel,, they are doing you a favor letting you in there, so they think. I don't give a shit about their "thinking" or their attitudes, especially prevalent at Cheniere.  There are aspects of this job I could definitely do without, the security arrogance - that is: the way security handles themselves - I could do without. 

I could sneak a dog with me if I really wanted to. It's only an issue at the plant loading and at the plant unloading.  Everything in between is irrelevant.  And some places? You are dropping a trailer and hooking up to another. You aren't even there that long. The Charleston run in West Virginia run is an example  I spend about 20 minutes in the plant  Why would I risk doing such a thing? Because I don't give a damn about their disdain for people's lives and my dog isn't going to get out of the truck in their plant and therefore, it poses zero liability to them. 

Do you ever wonder about "safety"?  What I have come to understand that some person in power's version of safety is a reaction to some person that did something who is a complete idiot, so affect everyone because of it.  It's in the name of safety  Right?  Whose safety?  What is my dog going to do in the sleeper of my truck? Piss or poop on accident? 

The shit that goes on in this life....

I'm tired of it. 





No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...