Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Day 16 of diet.
I weighed myself at the Love's truckstop I was at this morning before leaving there.
119.
Weight fluctuating all over the place. I was fully clothed and had on a heavy coat tho.
Cold to me is anything below 60 degrees.  I have numerous friends that say cold doesn't start until well below freezing.  No, that's freezing, beyond cold, lol.  I guess that's what I get for living in the South.  The thing is, my weight is fluctuating well below where I started.  I figured I would see a good weight drop at first and then it would slow down.

I got up to the plant here in Mapleton and had a first thrown at me: there's another truck ahead of you it will be a "minute".

Yea, I know what that means. At least 2 or 3 hours.  I went back to the truck and fell back asleep for an hour and a half.  Now I'm just sitting here waiting.

These longer trips always get me to thinking about buying some land somewhere. I see beautiful properties for sale with 30, 50 100 and more acres and even some listing the prices and very reasonable considering wooded land with open areas as well.  Of course, non of  it is anywhere near where I live and not really in my thought of, yes I'll try to buy here.

I also saw a house for sale by owner locally.  It is a 3 bedroom house, very large and has 3 bathrooms, perfect for renting.  I gave it some thought, actually.  I have the down payment at only 4k, but the monthly payments are too high.  $1,100.  To be able to afford a place like that for rent to own purposes it would have to have 4 bedrooms or the monthly payment would have to be around $800.  And, since it's out in the boonies, it would probably be hardly to find tenants for it.  About the time we get to a year done on that lease on the house I'm renting, I'm going to be looking for a rent to own possibility and get out of that place.  There's no upside to renting in my view of it.

Well in this case there was to help a friend, who is helping herself in this situation by taking care of a lot of stuff that I really don't have time for.  And she's coming to the understanding that a light footprint is what is needed in terms of electric and gas and water consumption.  I don't want to take any losses on it now that all 3 rooms are rented out.  I was eating over $200 per month on it, but I had agreed to it in exchange for her watching the dogs while I"m gone.

This has actually worked out much more favorably to my benefit, getting Donny out of there.  I think he thought it would fail and I would get stuck holding the responsibility for it. I was of the thought that housing is always need regardless of where you live, there must be people who want to rent rooms.  I wasn't mistaken. Not a large number of them but they are here.  It was a bit nerve wracking at first once I had the understanding he was actually leaving and needed to find 2 tenants, but, it's worked out so far.


















No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...