Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Umm, started that last post and totally forgot about it, got busy with getting ready to leave for Brownsville.
We're on day 2 of the diet, well eating is over with for today.
It's really not a bad diet. It's certainly not starvation though it adds up to lower calories than what I've been normally eating at around 1,200 to 1,500 calories per day.
I don't eat much sugar to begin with so a sweet tooth isn't really my problem.
Just eating too much calories at meals, eating truckstop food, not getting enough exercise, but mostly needing to get my eating, what I'm eating to be specific, under control.

Fortunately, the other 2 here are full fledged into this even tho James has no need for dieting.  It's a good thing to be supportive of your wife in such endeavors.  There's absolutely no alcohol on this diet either, even tho some versions allow it.  No beer, no liquor,  no wine.

Anyway, day 2 wasn't bad and tomorrow doesn't look too bad either except spaghetti squash? Stuff looks weird.  Not sure if I'll like it or not, but I get to make the dinner tomorrow.

Oh, the trip. Well, the AC went out on the truck and I just put my foot down today.  Time to fix ALL of this, not just the AC.  They're sending it to the Peterbilt shop tomorrow to fix stuff that the mechanic can't - he doesn't have the software/computer system to do that kind of diagnosing.  So finally get this beeping noise turned down, get the cruise control working, get the blower on the fresh air going again and of course fix the AC. That truck has 655,000 miles on it but's only a 2016, lol.  No, I didn't have anything to do with putting all those miles on it in that short of a period of time. I've put almost 90,000 on it, the rest was a team that must have just done nothing but drive drive drive.

The thing about today was, I was asked to get that trailer back up here as fast as possible, they wanted to have it loaded today.  I was like, well, it's going to be at least 2:30 this afternoon before I get it back.  I wasn't wrong, got up at 3:45 am, left at 4:12 from the yard down in Browsnville and showed up at our yard at 2:41 this afternoon.  I find out that they had nixed the order, didn't need it back that fast, I got up early for nothing I definitely could have slept a couple more hours.  Oh well.

I ended sitting with another driver that's been working there for 20 years about all things truck and trucking, not sure how I got so carried away with the time spent, but it was an interesting conversation.  Coming home was to a rather small meal compared to the rest of them, just about a link of sausage, some broccoli and = oh and nothing, we ran out of lettuce hearts and so I had a boiled egg instead.

And looking online, I've found some recipes for smoothies. Like, different kind of smoother than one would think lol, but I"m going to experiment with almond milk, unsweetened yogurt, raspberries and various spices.  I mean, they had spinach version which for a smoothie sounds - not so great. I like spinach, don't get me wrong, but in a smoothie?

Ahh,  a little more looking into this keto diet stuff. It appears that not only do you not eat hardly any carbs at all, you also don't eat that much protein in comparison to fat.  That was what was throwing me off, why am I supposed to eat so much fat filled stuff?  Because, it appears, once you go into ketosis, that's what the body consumes.  Well, we're following the diet and the only straying I've done is a few very small tastes of turkey pepperoni and some cheese.















No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...