Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Well so much for the tenant thing working out.
The young guy - 23 years old I think - decided to leave without giving notice.  He paid his first month but left me hanging.  You know, you ask people to give you at least a couple weeks advance notice before they leave - and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.  This one didn't. Found this out yesterday - he told Rene he was moving out and- moved out.  Well, I have a new ad running, hopefully it won't take long to find someone else.

Meanwhile, I pretty much blew up after finding out the reason they didn't fix the cruise control is because there is "nothing wrong with it", according to the shop supervisor.  No one bothered to call me or ask me about it, I gave the mechanic detailed info about what it's doing.  It comes on, it goes off. It's mostly on but sometimes all the warning lights go off and it works fine.  Make sure they know that in case the lights are all off.

He didn't do jack squat.  Didn't give a shit about it, either.
After finding that out, I texted my manager: Ryan just informed me that they aren't going to do anything about that excessive beeping noise and that there is nothing wrong with the cruise control.  I guess I have a decision I have to make..

She texted back later and said she would find some other option to deal with this.  In my view, this is too little, too late. I've had enough of this shit.  It's been going on since I got into that truck some 8 or 9 months ago.  I've been writing it up and asking to have it fixed that entire time.  My year with this company is up in 8 days.  I'm at the very least going to see what opportunities might be out there. A driver from Gen X said they pay 75k per year with no weekend work and make a lot more if you will work weekends.  Gen X is just another cryogenic hauling company.  There's a couple other companies but I'm not really interested in them, their drivers are never really all that happy.

No job is perfect, I keep telling myself with this one. Perhaps, but there is a point where you have to say enough.  I'm right at that point.  I told the mechanic I'm not driving that truck until it's fixed.  So, we'll see what happens here.

And home.  I'm exhausted, out of it. I slept 7 hours last night but it feels like I didn't sleep at all.  Still sick, still not feeling too great. I thought on Monday I was already getting better - which I really did feel better, but that went away quickly.  So just resting the rest of the day, no idea about work but I am going to start perusing open jobs on the internet as soon as I'm done with this post. 

Which I might as well, this one is long enough. 

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...