Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Election Day

Hopefully everyone that I know at least gets out and votes. 
I did last week and am thankful because I'm in a hotel in Illinois today, there is no way I could have voted except mail in.  I am very glad that I was able to get in there - and it was so fast. Now I'm seeing reports of long lines everywhere.  That's a good sign, at least people are taking this seriously.  It's still amazing that half of America decides who is in power for the rest of America that doesn't vote. It's too early for any results to come in yet.

And, my time at this hotel is almost up.  I've enjoyed free wifi and a nice hot shower and a comfortable bed in a quiet room and watching as much of the election coverage as I can on Fox News.  But I'm 24 minutes from check out time and the people at the plant yesterday said they won't have that trailer unloaded until sometime this afternoon. They simply have too much product in their main tank, it turns out, it's not a plant shutdown as I earlier thought.  The chemical company that loads our trailers will not allow a customer to partially unload a trailer and sent it back like that.

The reason being is that the remaining product will heat up quickly and cause pressure problems - and - this plant doesn't have a scale so there is no way of knowing how much product was taken out.  Tho I believe if what I have heard is true that they would charge them for a full load regardless.  I guess they have allowed some trucks to go back partially loaded in the past, but that is far and few between.

Anyway, taking off the 10 hours they deduct every day for detention - which is a load of bs but I have no say in it - I am at 16 hours on the detention clock which is still a very nice sum of money.  And I suspect I have at least several more hours to go.  But, around noon I'm going to start getting antsy.  I want to get at least far enough today to be able to make it home tomorrow.  I have an appointment on Thursday to have a skin tag removed and I don't want to miss that appointment.  OTOH I'd like a minimum amount of detention hours, 20 to be precise, which would mean me not leaving that plant until 3:00 pm.

Whatever the case, I have a lot of data on my phone because I was off for 10 days and I hardly used any data at all during that time.  So I can pretty much watch Fox all day long streaming either on my phone or use my computer to have a bit bigger screen while waiting in the truck.  And I think I'll head to Starbucks after leaving here. Turns out there are several drinks they have that are Keto diet friendly and I have hadn't Starbucks in a long time.  It's a place I love to hate.  I love some of their drinks, I hate that they charge over 5 bucks for what amounts to glorified coffee.  I just don't go there as much anymore because of that.  There are other reasons but they really don't come into play as to whether I will patronize their establishments or not.

Well in fact I could sit IN starbucks and use free wifi, totally forgot about that.    I got so mesmerized by the election stuff I totally slacked on looking for land. Sort of a wishful thinking thing at the moment.  I'll have to put a significant down payment on any property - 20% at least - to be able to qualify for a loan.  Or find owner finance, but that doesn't seem very likely after already having had searched quite a lot.

Time to gather me things and get out of here.                                       






No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...