Friday, November 23, 2018

Final countdown to leaving mom's house and heading to the airport.  The "dreaded" Thanksgiving dinner turned out ok.  I mostly just kept my mouth shut and laughed at stupid jokes and made myself as invisible as possible.  If something was going to start, it wasn't because of anything I said.  My oldest brother did not show up with his customary 6 pack of beer in a cooler, which was quite strange.  I've never actually seen that before.  Mom says he's cut back on his consumption. I guess.  He's 5 years older than me meaning he's approaching 60.  Better late than never, when considering drinking too much alcohol.

I will freely admit that I had 2 glasses of wine yesterday, but not at the family get together. Only one inlaw was drinking and dang if you could't smell the liquor from 5 feet away in that glass. Everyone else abstained.    I got out of here after it was over - we lasted together all of 2 hours, which is typical - and headed to my house in Phoenix.  They had wanted me to come over yesterday but I got too  busy.  I was waiting for Caleb to contact me so I figured I to wait at my house and visit.  Lynnette - a non -drinker - had decided to have some Corona's for the holiday, I pulled out a small bottle of Merlot and drank 2 large glasses and dumped the rest down the sink.  I saw no reason to keep it, I didn't want to get drunk and they weren't having any of it so get rid of it.

I got to sit there 2 plus hours visiting with them.  Bought Lynnette some sort of device that gives electrical impulses to relieve nerve or muscle pain, not sure which.  That was my Christmas present to her.  What I'd really love to do is come back here without telling anyone but my friends on a weekend and visit them and bypass family.  I saw family, now it's time to visit friends.

It's Friday, I won't be back to Dallas until 8:00 pm, 2 hour drive home and a stop at a walmart for the heck of it on the way back.  I dunno if I'll even go home tonight.  I could just as easy stay at a cheap hotel overnight and come back in the morning.  I have no idea what my manager is going to arrange for me for work, if any, this weekend. But tomorrow is out of the question, Sunday at the earliest.  I don't really want to go back to work until Monday, but if she dumped me with something Sunday I'd just take it and eat it.  I need the miles and the work.  This last paycheck was awesome, but next paycheck will be pathetic if I don't get at least one good run in and a shorter one.

Meanwhile, my gut is still decreasing.  Mom has an old scale so it's hard to tell exactly my weight and even if it's accurate.  But somewhere between 204 and 208.  But the results in the mirror are definitely showing even more now.  Abs starting to show through fat.  Long way to go, but still very encouraging.  This is why I really tried to stick to this diet even during the eating holiday.  I'm definitely sticking with it til Christmas.  Then? Just depends on where my weight and fat levels are.  At some point I'm going to want to go on a sugar fest and consume ice cream and choco pie.  But hey, I resisted for Thanksgiving and I didn't think I would make it through this week on this diet.

I had bacon and eggs for breakfast, when I get to the airport I'm going to have something there, whatever I can find to tide me over til I get to Dallas.  I'm making no decisions about what I'm going to do when I arrive in Dallas until I get to Dallas. I was out to 1:30 am last night, far too late but it was worth it, but I'll be tired today.  Driving home after getting there may not be very appealing. I could just stay another night at the hotel I have my vehicle parked at.  It's just too early to tell, I'd rather drive home and sleep in my bed tho.

Meanwhile I was texting my friends at the house, they had a big get together yesterday with lots of people there.  But as with me, she is also ready to resume a normal schedule. I'd like to spend a couple days home.  I have been on the run for 2 weeks running.  And then a nice trip to Brownsville and wait for 3 days again haha. 

EARPLUGS!!! I finally remembered.  Got them packed in my notebook bag that I carry on to the plane. I want to be able to shut out as much noise as possible if there are babies and young children flying, as with several of the last flights that I have been on hearing them crying and whining and carrying on. 

And I also thought of a present for myself instead of the elusive TV: buy all the part on Cyber monday to rebuild my desktop computer.  New everything: Motherboard, processer, power supply, DVD player, hard drive.  Just reuse the old case since it's in great condition.  I've gotten my use out of that thing, it has served me well but it's 6 or so years old and it's time to upgrade. This would be the perfect time of year to do that.  And maybe get a 32 inch monitor.  Or just buy presents for everyone else and skip myself this year? I dunno. 

Well, enough of this.  I was online looking at flight departures. Apparently some flights are being delayed. I'll assume in snow/weather conditions in the Northeast, my flight is still showing on time. 











No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...