Friday, November 16, 2018

Friday Morning.
Weighed myself after 6 days of not having been on a scale.
I was only down 1 pound.  It was neither surprising or disappointing.
It's better to see it go down or even stay the same than having it go back up.
I ate some big meals out on the road this time. Not carb laden meals, but definitely
some calories involved with it. I suspect this next coming week will be worse for
calories and probably getting kicked out of ketosis. 

Today? I'm headed up to Barnsdall, Oklahoma.  I was unsure whether she was going to send me anywhere so close to departure date, but I'm really going to need this little trip on the paycheck after next.  It's a 2 day trip unfortunately. Last time I took this trip, I made it back within 20 miles of the yard.  Ohhhhh so close but yet so far!  I didn't mind tho. I just went to sleep, stayed in bed much longer than I needed to - but, you have to be off the clock for 10 hours.  But, on that trip, I was bobtailing up there, a mission to get a trailer that was needed for another trip going out.  So I gained time not being slowed down on the way up with a heavy, loaded trailer.  I'm hoping to make it back to Paris tonight.  I don't know if I will, but that's about an hour and 40 minutes out from the yard.  I'm just hoping to get home tomorrow with at least half a day left so I can get some stuff done.

I am leaving on Sunday.  I made that decision yesterday.  I don't want to have to get up so early and then travel all day and then be tired when I get there. I may be tired anyway, but not as much as if I were getting up at 2:30 am to get to Dallas in time to find a parking space to get a shuttle to get to the airport to get through security.  I've done it before, many times, it's just much easier I think to treat a vacation as just that: a time to take it easy, not a time to have to be rushed.  That's the plan, we'll see if it works out lol.  Apparently Southwest's $20 per direction "early" boarding isn't worth it after researching it.  It is likely that there will be people there that take priority for being whatever members and having had purchased higher priced tickets.  I'll just take whatever seat I get, lol, the first leg is to San Antonio. 

We won't be in the air very long before landing again. Not much to see in San Antonio, we won't be there long enough to do anything but shuffle from one gate to another. 

Oh, the reason I have so much time this morning? I woke up early, long before the alarm clock went off. I knew there was no returning to sleep so I didn't really try. Another side effect of this diet is you seem to need less sleep and still feel good the next day.  This will be a 14 hour day so I hope that holds fast all throughout the day. I mean, even if I feel tired this evening, I should be good to get at least the Indian Nation turnpike behind me.  Just a long stretch of highway, a terrible road actually, it's in horrible condition but it's the fastest way up there. Other ways will ad at least 2 hours to the trip.

Meanwhile, I watch with great interest this caravan. Some of which have already arrived in Tijuana.  Democrats spewing their nonsense all over TV were wrong, I believe intentionally wrong.  They said the caravan was made up, blah blah blah. Now they're at our border and apparently a bunch of them have been caught trying to illegally cross the border.  Is it an invasion as Trump said? Of sorts I suppose. It's not a military invasion, but no one in their right mind thought that was what Trump meant when he says that.  Where are all these people going to go if they get in here? Who is going to house and feed them? You already know the answers: American taxpayers.  These people aren't sponsored tho I guess some of them have family members already up here.  I would suspect they aren't here legally either.

Well that's it.  I have a pile of things to do when I get back.  I took it easy yesterday.  It's just the nature of having been out on the road for an extended period. 5 days is my version of an extended period.  Other truckers would say being out a month is extended, well and find for them, I don't live by someone else's clock or hometime happiness.  Some of them don't want to go home for a myriad of reasons.  I do want to go home, I need to go home lol.

Well it's that time, to get out of here. Take the dogs to the other house, get to the yard and get this ball rolling. 



















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not much to see in San Antone? Think again Ben!

BenB said...

Oh yes I've been there before, I just meant I won't have time to see anything, it's less than an hour layover. Look out the airport windows lol.

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...