Wednesday, November 21, 2018

My mom doesn't have internet/wifi at her house.  So I"m going through more than I'd like.  I figured I would this week but not this much. 

Anyway, I met up with my son and his wife last night at Texas Roadhouse over in Tempe.  We had a good time for a couple of hours visiting.  Great food too, of course.  I am going over to his new apartment tonight, mom in tow.  He invited her through me to come, you know, spur of the moment?  She had a problem with that, but whatever.  If you want to come, let's go. If not, I'm going over there tonight.  She opted to go. 

After resting quite well last night, I took the remaining ashes from my dad and climbed up a mountain to release them into the great outdoors.  Dad had stated to his then-wife a long time ago that he would rather be dumped out a window while driving up Mount Pleassant, a wish I would have liked to have fulfilled, but the mountains here in Phoenix had to suffice.  The whole point is he was a lover of the outdoors and I think his memory sufficiently served.  I buried the box his ashes came in as well.  I don't need empty boxes with small amounts of human ashes in them hanging around forever.  I feel my dad is in a much better place now and that is enough for me. 

Oh, this morning, I had to do all the leg work to get the turkey out, get all the stuff out of it, stuff it with stuffing and get it in the oven. Mom insisted she wanted to cook the turkey the day before. It's whatever to me, I am here to visit people, eating is secondary.  I"m making my spicy jalapeno poppers tomorrow - and it's purely on a selfish level. They will be so spicy I doubt many are going to like them, but I am not going to be eating coleslaw and potatoes and the like, I want something that really appeases my pallet and those are a sure thing. 

Time is flying here, amazingly. I thought it would just drag on but I"ve been keeping myself busy.

Dilemma.  I wanted that 65inch screen tv.  I can't get it. At least not here. By the time I get to Dallas tomorrow I'm pretty sure they'll all be sold out at all Walmart locations.  And now, too late, Rene offers to go get it for me?  I don't have enough cash at home to cover it. It's $398 plus tax.  I think I have $400 there, I don't have enough to cover the tax on that much money. 

I may stop in Dallas at a Walmart just to see if any are available when I get back but I won't be back to my vehicle probably before 6pm.  I'm likely to find slim pickings, but I"ll probably try.  Unless I can get them to loan Rene the extra cash and I pay them back when I get home.  I'm not really sure how she would get the thing back.  The guy at the house over there has a small SUV, I'm not sure the thing will fit in there.  I've found several 65" online for good price but none of them are smart TV. I want the option to watch stuff through the internet.  I mean, if you're going to do it, do it right, yes? 

Well enough. I'm going to take a nap and then get ready to go to my son's house.












No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...