Saturday, November 17, 2018

So now my credit score research took me to very disappointing results.  The negative effects of having late payments can and probably will stay on your credit report for 7 years. I don't know where I read 3 years, that's what my first thought about it was after reading it somewhere, but now?  Nahhh.  That's not it at all.  I can't be waiting years to do the things that I need to do.  I'm very close to good range on one of the reporting agencies, not so much on another. 

I dunno, but I can't wait years to do what I want to do.  What caught my attention the other day was all of these properties that are going to be auctioned off by the Sheriff next month at public auction. No reserve, highest bidder wins.  Lots of properties listed, 2 of which were interesting at 21 and 25 acres respectively. But who shows up to these auctions? Probably people with a lot more money than me.  But what's the worse that can happen? I'm out bid or never bid in the first place, who knows, but call it a learning experience and try again the next time. 

Right now, I'm perplexed at the listings themselves.  They have a lot of code in it I don't understand or recognize and there is no real description of these properties excepting for lot size.  No addresses either, just rather vague descriptions of the properties being sold.  I guess I'l have to visit the county courthouse and inquire about how to find out about each individual property that is for sale.  I think there is some sort of book they have that you can look at to find out detailed information. 

It's something I will be devoting some time to until I find out whether it's anything worth doing or if there are too many strings attached, or perhaps properties that have to have something done to them to bring them up to city or county codes.  People don't just give away their properties for no reason  However, some of them say the county v unknown heirs - of a person's name.  In other words,, someone died and their property was never claimed I am assuming.  That's weird. There's a bunch of them listed like that in there. Who knows what kind of treasure trove of a property might be lurking in that list.  Very unknown territory for me.

Credit score woes will drive me to find other means of accomplishing my goals.  I'm so close on my experian score, tho, to the good range.  Just 11 more points.  And more than half of those credit cards haven't reported the zero balance yet. Will it be enough to push my score up? Or will those late mortgage payments from the past continue to haunt me?  Who knows.  I should find out next by next month, I would think, these cards will report it sooner or later and then your credit score is affected by the next update. 

Thoughts that have been filling my mind.  Meanwhile, continue to save save save in a savings account and just keep pushing forward.

Except for today. It's past 10 pm and I'm getting sleepy.  I have plenty to do tomorrow but I'll have as much time as I need to get it done.

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...