Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Well, tomorrow is the big day. 
We already cooked the turkey and cut it up.
My mom insisted on doing it that way apparently my oldest bro's wife did it that way last year.
Perplexing, tho, the reason.  My bro's wife was busy with work, she's in retail sales.
We aren't really busy with anything.  Fresh hot turkey out of the oven?
But it's whatever to me, I'm not going to sweat that, I'm going to wonder if my
middle bro shows up and if he does, what is going to happen? 

Anyway, slept quite well last night, like this morning I didn't want to get out of bed.
That was a refreshing change.  Got the turkey prepared, dumped that in the oven and took off.
Caleb had given me the ashes that were left from my dad and I climbed high up on South
Mountain, had a little memorial of my own and let the wind carry his ashes away.

Oh, I stopped at Waffle House before going up there, I wanted a full tummy. Quite the mistake.
Halfway up that mountain the need to relieve myself came sweeping over me. By the time I got
halfway back down after spreading the ashes? No waiting.  Some dude on a ridge about an eighth a mile away looking at my through binoculars?  Give it a rest dude.  When Mother Nature hits like that, it's not like you have any say over it.  It is what it is. 

After I got done, I was hiking out of there and this dude had actually come down off of his mountaintop and was coming over the top of a small hill coming straight at me.  He came straight up to me and...kept walking by like nothing.  Weird.  Just plain weird.  But I have had weird encounters with people out there in the past. 

After that I tried to go to my old church - but they had moved. So I went to the new address some distance away and they weren't there either. I haven't contacted them asking about it, I don't have any more time for visiting I don't think. Well maybe on Friday, maybe. Like morning.  Tomorrow I suppose I could, but I really want to head back to my house and spend some more time with my friends there before coming back and doing Thanksgiving with family. 

Anyway, I said screw it after not finding the church there, even though there were even pics of it on the internet and I was positive I was at the correct address.  I went to a bar/grill, had a couple of drinks.  Nothing fancy and no drunkenness, but I"m on vacation, so why not?  Carb free, lol.  Left there, went to Fry's.  It's a local grocery store, huge local chain, Kroger's bought them out quite a while back but they kept the name.  Got all the fixing for jalapeno poppers, I'm going to make those tomorrow. Easy recipe, not too much prep time, short cooking time as well. 

Got back here well in time to get the turkey out of the oven, slice it up and then take a nap. Mom and I went to Caleb's apartment for dinner, sat and talked for a couple of hours, and came back to her house.  Caleb wants to do Black Friday with me tomorrow - nothing for me really, just wanted to take him and his wife shopping.  She doesn't want to go, I don't really blame here, it can be a mad house.  Well, if I find a nice laptop for a good price I may do that.  As it stands, I just tried to order a 65 inch smart tv from Bestbuy, but they neither deliver it to my area nor would they ship it to the city 30 miles from my house to their store there.  ?????????  My hopes for a 65 inch smart tv are being dashed to pieces. I keep thinking I'm going to give up on it, then I see something online, only to have my hopes dashed.

Oh well. My last resort will be to stop at a Walmart in Dallas before heading home for the hope that maybe there will be still be some of those TV's available. It's a pretty far-fetched idea, those TV's are likely going to sell out quickly on Thursday.  But, you never know! 

On a different note, I terribly miss having a functioning 15 inch screen laptop and I may just switch to that and wash my hands of large screen tv's. 

Oh!!!  My credit score! Transunion! I got my last update from CreditKarma and it said my Equifax had gone up another 38 points but Trans Union had only gone up 5. Very perplexing.  My next update wasn't supposed to be for another 5 days from now, so when I saw a notice in my email that my TransUnion score had been updated, I was quick to find out what kind of update. The score had gone all the way up to 700, from the previous low-side fair range.  It means that my credit score is in the good range with both of those companies, which is a significant improvement.  It may be some time before I see any more upgrades in my score, I dunno.  I had no hope, literally, of ever getting up to good range.  My hope went down the drain once I saw how long it takes for late payments on my mortgage to fall off of there.

The good range will do.  I guess it doesn't matter, I am not in the position yet to buy land anyway. They're still going to want a good down payment and that's going to take probably a couple of years worth of saving for the amount of property I want.  But, there are these other alternatives I have been looking at.  Tax lien auctions, rent to own, owner finance. 

Anyway, it's getting late, time to go to sleep. 






















No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...