Friday, December 7, 2018

Finally home.
The stretch in Lufkin: worth it.
The plant has completely shut down, drivers sitting around doing nothing, who knows when it will fire back up. 
And, we are hiring more drivers? 
That makes absolutely zero sense.  We haven't had enough work as it stands to keep us all busy before this plant shutdown, I don't know what this company is thinking.  They don't think?  Are they expecting some bonanza of new work to pop up? The latest newsletter says they are going after more accounts and new business.

Great! Hire more driers AFTER you get those accounts. BTW, get some new trucks while you're at it.  This old junk we're driving? Sucks. 

Looking ahead today: raining.  I may or may not try to get a fire going, depends on if I can get some dry enough wood from under the top layer in the cord sitting out there.  The kitchen is an absolute total disaster, but I expected that.  I didn't say I wanted to see that, it's just the way it is here. Clean it up? Yup, I'll clean it up for my own sanity. 

But first, a haircut, Lowe's for some paint, Walmart for some wood chips. 

_____________________

And the day is done.  After all of that, I went home, fired up the smoker, got the fire pit going and sat out there alllll the rest of the day and into the night. 

Amazingly, my manager sent me a run. Really was a bit shocked at that.  Considering the numbers of drivers sitting around and the lack of work, I really didn't think I'd be going anywhere for a while.  It's another Brownsville run. Which is quite fine by me and I get the whole weekend off, I don't have to be at the plant until 8:00 am Monday.  I'm not going to go in there with any high hopes of getting in and out.  Without any detention pay on this next run, I"ll still be close to 5k for this next coming pay period.  I'm not bragging or anything, not at all. I know people that make a lot more money lol. It's just that it will help make up for my - $700 net paycheck -  I got today. 

Good thing I didn't go flying off anywhere. I've got that bug, go somewhere.  Not by truck, not by car, by plane!  I really thought I wouldn't be going anywhere for a while, I'm really glad that I am.

This really opens up the idea of getting the rest of my Christmas shopping completed. 

And with that, I'm off to find those gifts.

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...