Monday, January 28, 2019

This diet is really strange how it works.  I get down to 202, then up to 207, then 205, then 203, then back to 202. 

These readings are taken first thing in the morning after I get up.  It isn't the only time during the day that I take a reading if I'm at home, but it is the one experts recommend to use because it shows your actual weight before eating and such occurs during the day.  I take readings later in the day to see what the high weight is as well. That has been steadily going down over the last 3 months that I have been on the Keto diet. 

My high at the beginning was 228 pounds.  That was the point where I was very uncomfortable in size 35 jeans and was going to go out and by a whole set of 36's, but that's also the point when I said no to myself, I'm going to lose the weight.  My friends wanted to diet as well and the lady friend is actually the one that got me started on Keto - she quit the diet long ago.  It isn't an easy diet to follow because you have to keep your daily carb intake to 20 or less to get into ketosis and stay in ketosis.

When you can't eat your favorite foods - paste, rice, bread, sugars, potatoes, well, you really have to stay focused on the long run and the ultimate success of getting your weight managed, eliminating any possibility of late-in-life diabetes and reducing other health risks related to obesity or extremely or even moderately overweight.  I've read countless stories of people going off of the injections for diabetes - which are very costly btw - or even getting rid of the disease altogether on this diet.  I have heard from people saying doctor's actually instructed them to go on the Keto diet or some version of a low carb diet.  It's the sugars that will kill you. 

America is way too far in love with fast food.  I see Dairy Queens and Whataburgers in most towns I go through, even the tiny little ones.  McDonald's and Wendy's abound as well.  But beyond that is high sugar drinks, even ones that label themselves as healthy.  You start looking at carb counts and sugars in those drinks - it's ghastly.  And the money they want for those drinks!  It is highly likely that I will be making the Keto diet a go to for maintaining weight for the rest of my life.  I may not stay on it forever, it likely will be a on and off type of thing.  There's lots of controversy about this diet but I've read that even doctors use it to keep their weight down.

Anyway I finally hit 200 pounds this morning.  I haven't been at this weight in years.  A call to celebrate? Not just yet.  I went to get below 200 before taking a day or two of eating my favorite food just for once - and then going back on Keto.  I may gain weight back doing that, but it won't be enough to deter me from proceeding forth to finish this journey out and at least get into the 180's range - unless my body just says no, 190's is fine.  I'm good with that as well.  I just want the percentage of body fat down to acceptable range and not anywhere where I might get disqualified on my medical card for my CDL. 

As for today, it's Monday morning going on afternoon.  I have stuff to do before hopefully going out on a run tomorrow.  I'm just hopeful it isn't a Mapleton run - that would have me up there in the are where it's going to be 20 or more below zero on Wednesday.  I mean, I"ll take it if nothing else available.........I've got thermals, I've got all kinds of cold weather gear, but I'm afraid that with those temps, no amount of clothing is really going to protect you from the bitter cold.  I was in that cold in Massachusetts last year - 17 below - with wind blowing - you felt like you were naked when you got out of the truck.  I wouldn't turn it down tho because paychecks are more important and as long as the truck runs?  It will stay warm in there.  I think.  Actually, in cold that low, you really have to put a cover over the front grill to keep air from flowing into the engine compartment.  You don't turn the truck off - at all. And you hope the fuel doesn't gel up, tho nowadays they add treatment to the fuel at the truckstops so you don't have to. 

And for that, a run to Walmart.  Out of dog food and other things I need. 











No comments:

 Thursday mid-morning No point leaving here until around 10:00 am.  The load time is 1 and I can show up maybe an hour early without them ge...