Friday, February 1, 2019

Something woke me out of a dead sleep this morning at around 4:37 am.  I was going to get up at 5 am. Knowing how I sleep? I just got up, took a nice, long hot shower and dried myself off as best as possible, knowing that in a little while? I'm going to be outside in this frigid cold and I'm going to be outside in it for a while.  So I actually have a little bit of extra time, something I hadn't planned for. 

Opening the door to check on the truck - I left it running all night long with the idea that turning the thing on this morning wouldn't be an issue - a blanket of snow has fallen across the land.  It's 3 degrees right now with a real feel of minus 10.  All I can say? I am putting on all my thermal stuff and outer layers and hopefully we won't run into the same problems as last time.  I am prepared for that today. I just don't know how this frigid cold is going to affect trying to build up pressure in the coils.  It works on the principle of the extremely cold fluid going through the lines under the truck and heating up since the outside air temperature is much higher than the product.

Well, that's still true but not near as much.  So, this may take even longer than hoped for, who knows.  It takes about 50 minutes to pump out the contents of the truck - but that's only once the pump is going.  It could take 2 hours to get it to that point?  I'm not holding my breath and figuring I'll need to simply be mentally prepared to withstand this junk for as long as it takes. 

However, I think I'm going to leave a bit early.  The roads are probably whacked out and it will take longer to get there.  They are sticklers about being there at 6 am and I don't mind getting this show over with as early as possible.  In fact, with that in mind, I think I'll take my leave and get out of this place.

Good day.

No comments:

  Thursday - early They just left for the school bus. We decided that the bus would, indeed, make it to school on time and that would be tha...