Sunday, March 10, 2019

Saturday morning.

The waste of a trip yesterday completed, got home same day, which is expect on that particular trip.  It basically pays nothing.  I mean, compared to most everything else we do, it's just a worthless trip that no one wants to take. It's comparable to Cheniere, another plant I love to hate.  And then, I find out I'm not going out again til Monday. So 2 unwanted days off in between trips, yet again.  Brownsville on Monday.  I love being home, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't pay the bills or save up money.  Well, it pays the bills most likely, it just doesn't give anything extra for savings and goal money.

The thing that bothers me is, my manager told me yesterday we "aren't slowed down right now".  Well then why the gaps between runs?  And, of course, they are hiring more people.  Just sheer stupidity.  They hired a guy to "just do Barnsdall" runs.  Really?  My search for a new job continues.  I"m being picky tho.  I don't need another job like this one or the last.  These companies think they are doing you a real favor by paying you 48 cents per miles.  When you tell them you're making a lot more than that, they - well there is silence on the phone.  Even being a driver's market, there are still many companies that need to up their game. They came up to high 40's per miles, but that isn't good enough.

Meanwhile, I'm still searching for a decent, 3 bedroom house in the area with owner financing.  Not an easy task. The houses that I would consider in my price range are dilapidated run down, nasty looking places. If I wouldn't live there, I don't expect anyone else to live there either.   Rotting wood, facades falling off, paint gone, who knows about the roofs of some of these houses.  You certainly wouldn't want to buy a house and find out it needs a new roof installed on it.  That's major money right there.

I'm in no hurry to make the wrong decision.

Rene has gone into full psychotic mode.  She has been having meltdowns on Maria - who finally caved in and started dishing it back out to her.  Outrageous behavior, Rene needs therapy.  Actually she needs Christ. She has been going to church, but I'm not seeing it having any palpable effect. The sooner she leaves the better.

As for today, the Ford dealership is closed.  I guess I"ll take it in Sunday evening and get my Jeep from the other house to use until I get my ride back.  But they said it's half a day repair so it shouldn't take more than being on one run and coming back and getting it.  Still amazed the dealership quoted less money - by hundreds of dollars - than local repair shops.  And with a 2 year warranty, I'm definitely going that route.

Taylor, upon hearing I will be home this weekend, decided that I should help her paint!  I bought the paint some time ago - enough for my room and for the kitchen, living room and dining room. Like, a lot of paint.  She painted my room and now finally decided to get it done in the rest of the house.  I hope she starts on the kitchen first. The colors the previous owners painted the kitchen are - quite an eyesore imo. Red and green.  Just not very appealing.  I'm not really interested in painting today, but I can help her with taping and moving things and whatknot.  The minutia of painting - the stuff you have to do that takes more time than the actual application of the paint itself.

Whatever the case, I have lots of stuff to get done around here - but - it's going to rain.

_______________

I ended up texting my manager.  Why am I not getting the runs?  As of Monday, I texted her, I'll have been out on one, one day trip spanning 5 days.




























No comments:

 Thursday - evening - iPhone entry  I was beating the tires on the trailer with a hammer this morning and one of them reported back with a “...