Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Well.
It's 4 am. Woke up at 2 for unknown reasons and never got back to sleep.  So, another day of driving on less than 5 hours of sleep, woohoo!  Nothing new there and have learned how to deal with it.  I take a nap at the "driver's lounge" - which is just the shack where the workers hang out while loading the trailers and kind of nasty and smelly.

Then, on the way down - I'm off to Brownsville again instead of Illinois - I'll force myself to drive at least 6 hours and then take a 30 minute nap, usually in Ganado Texas, but sometimes I make it further, like to Refugio where my favorite Stripes (fueling station with a huge mexican food buffet that has keto friendly half baked chickens) is and take a nap there, then get up and get dinner and then drive out the rest of the route. 

But, as yesterday, I still face driving a truck I haven't driven before and who knows what might happen? 

They've been doing a good job of having empty trailers waiting there for us - unfortunately - so I am not expecting detention pay.  I guess I should never really expect it, just something that would be nice. 

Rene is leaving this weekend, supposedly this dude is coming down to get her stuff and driver her up to Michigan. I dunno, but when we went out the other day - Maria, Rene and I - she had a few Jim Beams, 3 of them I think, doubles at that, went home and apparently started s*** with Maria, who locked her door and would have nothing to do with her.  I sort of get it with Rene: she is in constant pain, she is on strong pain medication and couple that with alcohol and she can be a real - living - nightmare. I'm not excusing her actions, by any means, it's outrageous and ridiculous.  But she's going to be gone, finally, I for one won't ever be inviting her back.  She can live in her pot-filled eternal high and hopefully be a happier person? 

But, I've never subscribed to the idea that changing geographical locations will change anything inside of you. Those types of things have to be worked out of you and those things are usually not pleasant times. 

I'm still in ketosis, some days I guess I eat something with carbs that i didn't know about in them and I go out of ketosis and it takes days and days to get back into it.  I don't know why I don't just go ahead and scarf on carbs after such things, it wouldn't change the amount of time to get back into ketosis.  But I don't, it just makes me resolve to get back as fast as possible.  But, I'm at a stalemate again and haven't lost any more weight.  I haven't gained any either.  I need exercise and so far, I've resisted that idea.  I was going to start working out with weights - and I did - but their puppy craps all over the porch where the bench is. That hasn't changed and I"m not about to work out in the midst of dog s***.

The travel bug keeps itching me.  I can't shake it.  It may very well be that I just pick a place on this earth to go to at random - tho probably somewhere in Europe - and just go there for a few days and come back.  But a cruise would be nice too lol.

The galveston trip is still on as far as I know. 

Well, about time to leave. Going to subject my dogs to Rene for one last time, at least Maria is there. Addler goes into her room, lays down on the floor, uninvited and goes to sleep in there, lol.  I'm guessing Rene not liking that, but it's a good sign to me: he likes Maria.  Rene will be gone and then - we can deal with her room.  Or deal with the owner of the property and whatever their wishes are. Because as of right now, they haven't said anything about us leaving and it's more than halfway through the month. They couldn't legally force us out now if they wanted to by the end of the month, I think all states have laws about eviction notices and usually 30 days.  I haven't really read Texas landlord laws, I will have to do that someday - soon.  Like maybe tonight after I get done driving.

Have a great day : )















No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...