Thursday, April 18, 2019

And all of this working is paying off.
A large check tomorrow - very nice for a week's pay, but next week?  It will be like 2 weeks pay for one week's work. 
Now, if they would just keep me this busy for a while, my checking account would make significant gains again, such as it was before the slow-down that started last October.  I'm not holding my breath on that one, but one can hope. 

Not that I like being out on the road that much, tho.  I could stand a couple of days off. That's 3 runs in a row now with only a day off in between. As it stands, I got into the yard at 3:30 am - this morning not last night I guess lol. There was a huge storm, lightning flashing all over the place and pouring rain, the type of rain where you step out into it for a few seconds and you are drenched.

So, I parked the truck/trailer into a space and just decided to go to bed right there.  They didn't need the trailer today, I just decided last night I would get this trip over with. Otherwise, I would have to park somewhere, sit there for 10 hours and, yes, I would still be on the road trying to get to the yard right now if I had done that.  It saved me from sitting around for several hours longer than I needed to be sitting around and the trip goes much faster. In the wee hours of the morning, every light you come upon in small towns is green. There is little to no traffic.  Once I finally got into Houston - on the outskirts a truck had broken down and in a construction zone at that so everything stopped - I breezed through there.

Anyway, I am home now.  As soon as I pulled into the driveway, FedEx showed up with the grass plugs.  Ugh.  I did this to myself.  I'll have to put them in today to ensure that they don't die.  At least there's a guarantee on them.  If they don't survive, they will replace any plugs for free that die off.  We'll see what happens, but I'm hopeful none of them die and they all take.  It poured rain here last night as well, so the ground is freshly, nicely watered, I won't have to do any of that.  It actually should go relatively quickly.

Excepting that I'm tired and cranky, haha.  I want to go to sleep, not go out and start using an auger to make holes.  But, I'm going to force myself in a bit to get out there and get this done.  I was reading up on installation, I don't even have to put down mulch or anything. The grass is so hardy, just planting it without anything but  a well watered ground is all that is necessary. I was prepared to go buy a large amount of mulch to cover the ground, but they don't even want you using mulch. 

And, the sales at the grocery stores on steak are amazing! T-bones for $4.57 per pound, that is an awesome price! 

Well, now that I think of it, if I sit here and write and lounge around on the internet too long, I'm going to lose motivation and get nothing done.  And who knows, I might get sent out tomorrow.

I'll have to write more, later. 

No comments:

 Wednesday - mid morning As I said, I have today off and I am in no hurry to do anything.  Like, sit here, drink coffee, muse about differen...