Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The tranquility of sitting in a huge hotel room, nicely appointed, quiet, solitude and time to reflect.  It really puts me into a different state of mind, like I just left earth and went somewhere tranquil where the cares of this world have temporarily disappeared.  I have a little over 3 hours left in this little world before checkout time forces me out the door.  A trailer will not likely show up until this afternoon. The last couple times I've been down here, trailers didn't show up til afternoon, either, so there is no hurry to rush back over to that yard and then sit in my truck all day long waiting.

The Yard manager said the waiting line for trucks to get into the US has grown for unknown reasons.  Well I know why, I've seen the news reports and I've seen them taking video of trucks in a single file line, over 3 miles long, taking up to 10 hours to get across the border. It's the border crisis and taking manpower from ports of entries and relocating them elsewhere.  BP is doing whatever it has to to try and stem the tide of illegals crossing into our nation.  I mean, for me it's a bonus.  If I have to stay for detention, I want it to be good and long, not just a few hours.  I'm at 14 hours right now and will be at minimum 17 hours before it's over.  This is the icing on the cake for my next paycheck.  If I get out of here late - which I am guessing I will, I'll just drive until I get too tired and pull over for the night.

Tho, hopefully, I would get past Houston at least. Going through Houston at night time is far preferable than going through there anytime during the day. It's 5 hours from here give or take, even if I got out of here at 6:00 pm today I'd likely drive through Houston to get it over with.

Well, a phone call to the grass company settled that issue.  I placed an order with them something like 2 weeks ago. The order never processed and my credit card wasn't charged - tho it showed a pending charge for a couple of days, that fell off of there.  They shipped it yesterday and be there at latest Friday.  Be nice if it came today, waiting for me for when I get home to go ahead and plant it.  The front yard is rather abysmal - the St. Augustine grass died in certain spots over the winter and has not come back.  I planted Rye grass which came up beautifully - but that's a winter grass and the summer heat will kill it.  You have to replant that every year in Fall. Kind of a pain but produces a beautiful grass that would be awesome if it lasted year round.

I take up a few projects around the house here and there, nothing too pricey since it's not my house but I'm living there and have been living there for like 4 years now.  I like a certain standard of beauty and cleanliness, especially out on the front part of the house.  The neighbors continue to vex us in the back yard as they haven't cleaned up that yard since I moved in there. The rain comes flooding through their yard, picks up all those leaves, dirt and everything else and washes it right into our yard, every single time it rains. The efforts to clean up the previous mess are washed away with a bunch of dead, rotting twigs that have been sitting in their yard for years. 

Well, inevitably, my time is running out here.  There is another driver who was a couple hours behind me that may already be over there.  It wouldn't bother me at all if he took the next trailer to come in and leave me "stranded".  Unless 2 were coming in today then it wouldn't help.  I forgot to ask the yard manager yesterday if it was just one or 2 trailers coming. 

Other things I am musing, but I best end this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well yesterday certainly didn't turn out like I expected.  I was sitting in that truck yard (Brownsville) waiting for a trailer to show ...