Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Tuesday morning.
Ugh.
Alarm went off in the middle of a deep sleep.
I hate when that happens.  Takes forever to wake up.

Never-the-less, today is a Brownsville run which will go perfectly with the run I just got done with and make for a nice, fat healthy paychceck next week - that's whether there's any detention pay down there or not.  I have no idea if that's still happening down there, I just know 2 trips ago down there I did, at least get about 14 hours worth.  But, as with everywhere we go, they are trying to do away with detention pay, I'm sure it's this new company we have been consumed by.  Eliminating it altogether would be a big cut out of annual earnings.

Unless, of course, my manager keeps me running, then detention pay becomes irrelevant. It's just easier to sit around getting paid to nothing than it is to be running down the road constantly. 

As for my investment intentions, I've been reading for some time now that the Motley Fool - I know, it's a weird name - has a good track record of calling stocks to invest in. They really have a good reputation. There is a subscription fee, but at least if nothing else I can get a little better knowledge of how and what to look at when considering a stock to purchase.  I haven't done that yet,  I was going to last time I was home but I got caught up hanging out with James and just chatting and having a good time, really.

I'd like to dump a couple grand into 3 or 4 different stocks initially and test the waters. 

Well, it's time to get out of here and put in a 14 hour work day. 

No comments:

 Tuesday mid-morning My expensive office chair that is only like 3 years old is done.  Hydraulic pressure leaks out and the seat sinks to th...